Author Topic: JFK starts in short final  (Read 3221 times)

pluto777

JFK starts in short final
« on: July 17, 2018, 07:34:54 am »
Hello, with my new P3DV4 and new aerosoft airbus pro, everything went OK untill i re-installed your JFKV2, when i select other airport: no problem, when i select active runway on jfk, i start up in short final with a cold and dark airbus; or my plane immediatly crashes at beginning of runway... i put crash detection off, no result

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK starts in short final
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 07:10:27 pm »
Doesn't happen here, here's a video I just made, showing the Aerosoft A319 moved to the Active Runway at JFK with no issues, and I also used GSX to position at each of the runways, with no problems whatsoever.

Check you haven't set the Mesh resolution too high. Sometimes, due to rounding problems in the sim, setting the mesh resolution higher than the real resolution of the mesh you use, will cause artifacts due to oversampling, causing the airplane crash into such terrain "spikes".

Use a maximum Mesh resolution of 5 meters/pixel, not more.

pluto777

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 07:10:12 am »
THX for reaction, as written on AVSIM, one start was OK after addonmanager use, starting from the gate seems OK also, but on my second try to start from active runway, again a big bang and crash, mesh is at 10. PC is 2017 and powerfull. I use default settings. Very bizarre, sometimes when i choose start from active runway, i come in a situation where the bus is in shortfinal, in cold and dark, with joystick i can land on runway and with brakes the plane stops on the runway, still in a cold and dark cockpit...

pluto777

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 07:13:28 am »
Hi Virtuali, i just have read this post here from Ed, any similarity ?

Hi,
  I'm able to get all my preflight chores done, however when I get to the head of the runway JFK everything crashes. Fresh install, any thoughts ?

Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 10:09:27 am »
THX for reaction, as written on AVSIM, one start was OK after addonmanager use, starting from the gate seems OK also, but on my second try to start from active runway, again a big bang and crash, mesh is at 10. PC is 2017 and powerfull. I use default settings. Very bizarre, sometimes when i choose start from active runway, i come in a situation where the bus is in shortfinal, in cold and dark, with joystick i can land on runway and with brakes the plane stops on the runway, still in a cold and dark cockpit...

I'm sorry but, as you can see from the video, the problem doesn't happen here. Do you have 3rd party mesh scenery installed ?

Hi Virtuali, i just have read this post here from Ed, any similarity ?

I don't think he was referring to an airplane crash, but rather a simulator crash.