Author Topic: Camera Views & Pax Spawns  (Read 2588 times)

Josh4forest1

Camera Views & Pax Spawns
« on: July 04, 2018, 03:06:31 pm »
Afternoon,

Just been looking at GSX Level 2 and I have two quick questions.

1) Now pilots walk to and from the aircraft would it be possible to add a camera mode that locks onto one of them (and the vehicles they are in)? Not a vital feature I know but I think it would add to the immersion. For example you load up gsx, select for the crew bus to spawn in. You then press a key that locks the camera on to the crew bus as it drives up to the aircraft. Once the pilot leaves the bus the camera 'follows' one of the pilots up the stairs. Then the user can select their view as normal. I think it would be really rewarding at the end of a flight to be on the crew bus as it drives away from the aircraft on stand all shut down. (This wouldn't need to be 1st person/interior views just simply locked behind the bus/pilot)

2) Watching this video ([ Invalid YouTube link ]) I noted there are a lot more pax spawned in when a larger aircraft is selected. The 747 has over 20+ at a time on the ground whereas the 737 showed around 7/8. Can the user select the density of the pax used in gsx ie) low density 2/3 at a time up to high density 20+ at a time (and everything in between) regardless of the aircraft size?

Neither of these a major issues just thinking out loud. Looks like you've created an incredible product and I can't wait to try it.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 03:14:22 pm by Josh4forest1 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Camera Views & Pax Spawns
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 12:30:31 am »
1) Now pilots walk to and from the aircraft would it be possible to add a camera mode that locks onto one of them (and the vehicles they are in)? Not a vital feature I know but I think it would add to the immersion.

We already planned such kind of camera for each GSX vehicle, not just passengers. Is still not ready, but it will come out at a later stage, as an update to the base GSX.

This will be a Prepar3D 4-only feature, since the camera SDK in FSX is useless, but we don't have any intention to hack into the sim doing dangerous things like Ezdok Camera does, only to support FSX, when the native P3D4 SDK gives us a fully-featured camera SDK with no need of such hacks.

2) Watching this video ([ Invalid YouTube link ]) I noted there are a lot more pax spawned in when a larger aircraft is selected. The 747 has over 20+ at a time on the ground whereas the 737 showed around 7/8. Can the user select the density of the pax used in gsx ie) low density 2/3 at a time up to high density 20+ at a time (and everything in between) regardless of the aircraft size?

Whenever you find something (anything) in GSX that might not match 100% reality, always ask yourself this question:

"Could be they made it for performance reasons ?"

And you'll find the answer it's almost invariably YES.

Of course it would be nice to crank up density as we like but, the trick not to destroy the fps, is not having too many animated people visible at the same time, because each one has its separate real-time animation (we'll also clobber the sim with commands if we try to animate, let's say, 20 people at the same time), its own set of skinned animation, and its own textures and, the best way to kill performances, is to have lots of animations of *different* models with *different* textures, it's as if you had 20 AI airplanes all landing at the same time, all moving flaps, gears, ailerons, etc. and each one with its own livery.

Josh4forest1

Re: Camera Views & Pax Spawns
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 12:27:43 am »
Okay great, thanks for your reply