Author Topic: AFCAD or ADE edit for proper airline traffic parking locations  (Read 5873 times)

Rwalsh7

Hi all,

First off, let me say thank you for all the hard work on ohare and the new p3dv4, version as well.

I fly with ultimate traffic live,and per their forums, the location and aircraft parks is controlled by the airport scenery. I have many cargo planes where the international terminal is. I also had 5 international airliners parked at the cargo stand.united airlines locations are fine.

I was wondering if there is a way to edit or fix the ADE to make sure the appropriate aircraft are in cargo and in terminals for passengers. I have read and am aware of the eye each spot is named ramp GA and saw that thread on here

duckbilled

Re: AFCAD or ADE edit for proper airline traffic parking locations
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 09:44:13 pm »
Same here. Just noticed it. I'd make adjustments on my own, but with past experience with GSX, it is only going the insert a old one and deactivate the one I edit.

It is not like an updated AFACD is needed, the AFCAD that is included isn't and never was correct.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 11:23:27 am »
The AFCAD doesn't have any problems, and as explained so many times on the forum, we flagged all the non-cargo parkings as GA, in order to get rid of default ground vehicles, which conflicts with the scenery and GSX as well.

The Cargo parking are also all correctly flagged as RAMP CARGO so, if the Cargo airplanes you use have been correctly flagged as using the cargo ramps themselves (in their aircraft.cfg), they are supposed to go in the Cargo parking spots.

And, all the parking spots also have airline codes so, if the AI airplanes you use have been correctly flagged with their airline codes, they should go into the correct spots *by preference*

However, this assumes the parking radius is big enough for the airplane to fit there so, it's possible that if you have set the traffic density very high, the larger cargo airplanes are overflowing into the other terminals, because there all the largest parking spots have been already taken.

duckbilled

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 06:58:47 pm »
The AFCAD doesn't have any problems, and as explained so many times on the forum, we flagged all the non-cargo parkings as GA, in order to get rid of default ground vehicles, which conflicts with the scenery and GSX as well.

The Cargo parking are also all correctly flagged as RAMP CARGO so, if the Cargo airplanes you use have been correctly flagged as using the cargo ramps themselves (in their aircraft.cfg), they are supposed to go in the Cargo parking spots.

And, all the parking spots also have airline codes so, if the AI airplanes you use have been correctly flagged with their airline codes, they should go into the correct spots *by preference*

However, this assumes the parking radius is big enough for the airplane to fit there so, it's possible that if you have set the traffic density very high, the larger cargo airplanes are overflowing into the other terminals, because there all the largest parking spots have been already taken.

I know you are updating the scenery, but it would be great if you spent a couple hours and updates the AFCAD. It does have a number of issues, and as far as I know, the one I am using is the most recent one (just ran Live Update and the file is dated 9/11/18). First, for aircraft radius, you need to use the radius setting published by AIG. Their settings are becoming the industry standard. Every radius in terminal 5, for example, is too small. No gate will accommodate a 777, 747 or 787. The other glaring issue are the gates that still have COAX instead of UALX or NWA instead of DAL.

I know it is a little bit of work, but I'm sure someone as talented as you could knock it out in less than 2 hours. Of course, let me know if there is a more recent file I should be using. I couldn't find anything else, and I'm guess no one else can either.

Thanks!