Author Topic: KCLT GATE B6 Baggage carts and jetway problem **SOLVED**  (Read 8808 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT GATE B6 Baggage carts and jetway problem **SOLVED**
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 08:03:34 am »
A GTX 1080 ti used with FSX it's a waste and, in fact, might expose some bugs of the ancient rendering engine (made for DX9), when nobody could foresee such modern card, which is of course optimized for DX11.

Do yourself a favor, and switch to P3D4.

mbscjohnp

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 12:05:15 am »
Now why would I want to do that after spending years correcting many actual military airports like KTIK, KVPS, some hidden ones, and MUGM at Quantanamo Bay that Microsoft programmers were prohibited from using Google to accurately portray, to include my home airport KMYR, its adjacent shopping malls, to include my house, neighborhood, and even adding a missing existing train bridge over the Intercoastal Waterway, which I have shared with new friends around the world, and adding missing current Waypoints, STARS and SIDs with MS FSX tools such as SDK and Environment Kit and BGL Compiler, to include correctly painting supplied aircraft.  At 87 years of age, having actually driven earlier busses, I'll stick with what I know and enjoy flying old routes in new busses.  Old bus drivers never die, some of them sim.   ;D John    Now please close this conversation.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 12:07:21 am by mbscjohnp »
Retired (mostly tired) pilot (bus driver), whose Flight Surgeon declined to re-certify and bosses said to "go fishing", but still paying every month. Now simming familiar routes in an Airbus (fly-by-wire & only touch the knobs when ATC says so) "bring a good book". Cockpit should have online movies.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 10:15:28 am »
Now why would I want to do that after spending years correcting many actual military airports

You can use all your customized sceneries in P3D too. It's basically compatible with FSX, if nothing fancy is done (like custom gauges/modules which would require a recompile in 64 bit )

mbscjohnp

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2018, 01:28:47 am »
Umberto (Friend), I guess that's why you are respected among long time users of your wonderful work.  I will take a look at your suggestion and see if my old brain will be up to the challenge.  If I run into a problem, I'll call you at home  :P  John

Welllll, I upgraded to Win10, installed Prepar3Dv4, uninstalled Addon Manager from FSX, reinstalled Addon Manager and set it to install in both FSX and Prepar3Dv4 and then ran into a whole bunch of problems trying to install KCLT into P3D4.  I figured out that I have to uninstall all of my airports and reinstall EACH of them into both proggies, including GSX and possibly SODE?  I'll get busy and try it all out.  Well, KCLT worked, so I'll be busy with the others.  I guess that I will like P3D4 after spending money for Win 10 and P3Dv4 that I didn't tell the wife about.  I'm still trying to figure out how to get my planes in.  At least Microsoft has now come out with A318-319 and supposedly with money off if you already have their FSX one.  John
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 11:32:43 pm by mbscjohnp »
Retired (mostly tired) pilot (bus driver), whose Flight Surgeon declined to re-certify and bosses said to "go fishing", but still paying every month. Now simming familiar routes in an Airbus (fly-by-wire & only touch the knobs when ATC says so) "bring a good book". Cockpit should have online movies.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 10:42:29 am »
 I figured out that I have to uninstall all of my airports and reinstall EACH of them into both proggies, including GSX and possibly SODE?  

Yes, if you add P3D4 after installing any FSDT products, you'll have to uninstall them all, and reinstall them all, using their most current installer.