Author Topic: KCLT GATE B6 Baggage carts and jetway problem **SOLVED**  (Read 8791 times)

mbscjohnp

KCLT GATE B6 Baggage carts and jetway problem **SOLVED**
« on: June 26, 2018, 04:45:51 am »
Installed SODE update.  With GSX, after attaching jetway and during passenger and baggage loading, baggage trucks have no trailers and handlers pull bags out of the air.  After baggage loading is complete, baggage trucks have departed, handler vehicles are pulled back, passengers loaded, and beacon started, I am unable to undock the jetway with a message "Waiting for other services to complete" and Baggage Loading in progress.  In order to push back, need to shut down GSX and undock jetway with CTRL+J.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 11:12:13 pm by virtuali »
Retired (mostly tired) pilot (bus driver), whose Flight Surgeon declined to re-certify and bosses said to "go fishing", but still paying every month. Now simming familiar routes in an Airbus (fly-by-wire & only touch the knobs when ATC says so) "bring a good book". Cockpit should have online movies.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

mbscjohnp

Re: KCLT GATE B6 Baggage carts and jetway problem
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 05:38:34 pm »
Umberto:  Got your temporary solution about jetway, but the baggage trucks still have no carts and the handlers are loading bags out of the air.  John
Retired (mostly tired) pilot (bus driver), whose Flight Surgeon declined to re-certify and bosses said to "go fishing", but still paying every month. Now simming familiar routes in an Airbus (fly-by-wire & only touch the knobs when ATC says so) "bring a good book". Cockpit should have online movies.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 05:49:09 pm »
Umberto:  Got your temporary solution about jetway, but the baggage trucks still have no carts and the handlers are loading bags out of the air.  John

The solution was just to fix the never ending boarding/deboarding.

Baggage trucks missing carts is an entirely different problem, and it's likely nothing to do with GSX, is probably caused by another addon spamming Simconnect with so many commands in so short time, that we don't get enough chance to talk with the sim, so some of our commands to create objects are being lost. Some users reported this when using some 3rd party weather engines, and reported it as fixed by switching to other weather engines. Do you use ActiveSky perhaps ?

mbscjohnp

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 06:03:46 pm »
Umberto:  No weather, except FSX and nothing else running except FSX and KCLT with GSX & SODE.  Haven't simmed out of KCLT for a while, but last time simming, baggage carts were present. Last time I FLEW out of KCLT, my baggage was on a cart (smile).   I'll try some more research here and let you know.  Thanks for all you do.  John

OK reinstalled SODE and updated GSX and selected three different aircraft and four different KCLT gates.  Each time on boarding request, departing baggage trucks have carts with baggage, but arriving baggage trucks have no carts attached and handlers load bags out of mid-air from location that carts should be onto the ramps and bags move into cargo bays.  I did notice that our carts are being run over by "existing" traffic (catering trucks), of which there is an over abundant amount.   I have no other add-on running at the time.

I ran the same aircraft at KMEM Gate C12.  Two baggage trucks arrived with four carts and baggage on each.  So it must have to do with KCLT and I checked the gate configuration and found no errors.

Umberto, please mark this matter partially resolved.   As a last effort, I ran FSDT updater once more and two baggage trucks showed up with a supposed three cart setup, but the first and third carts had baggage on each and the middle carts were not visible.  The handlers did pull baggage out of mid-air from these non-visible carts.  Somehow the message to display the middle carts is not getting through.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 11:23:12 pm by mbscjohnp »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT GATE B6 Baggage carts and jetway problem **SOLVED**
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 12:15:21 am »
You don't say which gate at KCLT you used so, I tried a random one ( A5 ), and when Boarding, the carts on the parking went away empty, which is correct, and the ones coming from far away were full, and loaded all bags correctly, nothing missing.

mbscjohnp

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 03:54:58 am »
 :) :)Umberto:  The subject line reads KCLT Gate B6, because that is the real gate for KCLT-KMEM.

Umberto:  I put a CRJ 900 at Gate A5, since that is the gate which you are using, because my A319 was too big for that space,although the CRJ's cargo holds are on the left side.  After I correctly configured the aircraft's two cargo hold positions and the two passenger doors, the baggage trucks arrived with no problems. See the picture.

Increased the size of A5 from 34.0 to 34.12 and fit my A319 to KMEM in. Used 5125 lbs in each cargo bay, as normal, with 128 passengers, to get 3 carts.   Two trucks with 3 UNCOVERED carts arrived, second set middle cart not attached to front cart and also has no wheels.  See picture.

Ran it once more at A5 with A319 and using same passenger and cargo weights as before.  Two trucks with COVERED carts arrived with no problems.  See picture.

The problem seems to be when more than one cart is required due to cargo weights.

Check out gate B6 with A319, fully loaded with passengers and cargo.  Missing both middle carts.  See picture.
Now same gate, etc. with second set first cart missing wheels.  See picture.
Now same gate, etc. with first cart missing wheels. See picture.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 09:11:09 pm by mbscjohnp »

mbscjohnp

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 09:22:12 pm »
Umberto, now I don't know what else to do.  I'll wait for a reply, suggestion, or fix.  No hurry at all.  I can live with this for awhile.  John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 01:39:06 pm »
The missing wheels might be a problem of the SmallPartsRejectRadius tweak set too high.

A whole missing cart cart, instead, simply shouldn't happen and, of course, I cannot replicate it.

However, if you have lots of other addons spamming Simconnect with too many commands ( weather engines and camera addons might do that ), it's possible that because of them, we don't get enough chance to talk with the sim, since the Simconnect communication channel is kept busy by those spammers, so it's possible the command we sent to the sim to create a cart wasn't received.

So, try to disable all 3rd party addons except GSX, and see if it makes any difference.

mbscjohnp

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 03:17:50 am »
Umberto, the only other thing running is Radar Contact, but I will shut it down.  This is not happening at KMEM, KLAX, KSFO, with Radar Contact running, only at KCLT.  At B6, I watched the carts appearing at the edge of the terminal and they appear to have a stutter there.  At A5 the covered carts had no problem, only the uncovered ones.  It is nothing big that I can't live with and I can always change gates.  The only reason for B6 is American's assignment for AA Flight 2080 to KMEM, which is one heck of job getting an A319 to FL380.  Have yourself a very good day.  John
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 03:31:13 am by mbscjohnp »

mbscjohnp

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 06:32:05 pm »
Umberto:  I am running absolutely nothing but FSX, KCLT, and GSX, SODE.  I am getting the same results on a second desktop loaded only with Win7, FSX, KCLT, SODE, and GSX and no other programs, not even an anti-virus proggy.  I tried to locate the SmallPartsRejectRadius tweak set too high, which you mentioned above, without luck.  I did try some variations at KCLT, as this is the ONLY airport with this problem.  No problems at KMEM, KLAX, KSFO, KJFK, KMYR, KDEN.  I am using an A319, A320, and CRJ900 with FULL cargo settings to obtain at least 3 carts and 2 sets for the larger aircraft.  I am wondering if you are using the same type of aircraft and cargo loading in your attempts at reproducing this problem and using "B" gates, as am I, as it appears only to occur on "B" gates, see above "B" gate pictures and my new one at B14, WITH a problem, and then C10 and E22 with NO problem.  Go across the "street" from Gate B14 to Gate C5 and no problem.  See picture. These pictures were taken one after the other, with nothing else running, but FSX, FSDreamTeam, and MS Snipping Tool.  John
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 09:39:52 pm by mbscjohnp »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 08:43:17 am »
 I am wondering if you are using the same type of aircraft and cargo loading in your attempts at reproducing this problem

As I've said in my previous message, if it were a problem of a WHOLE missing cart, I might eventually consider that, either because of other addons spamming Simconnect with commands or due to high CPU load, GSX couldn't create it for some reason.

But if you are missing JUST THE WHEELS, then no, sorry, this cannot possibly have anything to do with GSX, and can ONLY be caused by a problem with your video settings. The SmallPartsRejectRadius  was just one I could remember it might affect it, but doesn't mean it's the only possible cause.

Your settings too high, a problem with a video driver or tweak that shouldn't apply, a bug in your video drivers, something like that. When GSX creates a vehicle, it JUST asks the sim "Create an object named xxxx", the rest is entirely up to the sim.

We cannot control if A PIECE of the object is not visible, unless we explicitly modeled that part to be visible on/off, but that would require a special modeling, and wheels are surely NOT being made to be switchable.

So, if you are missing just PARTS of a GSX object, you can be 100% sure the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, and it's caused by your settings/tweaks/bugs.

mbscjohnp

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 07:18:11 pm »
Umberto:  First, thanks for all you do.  Then, I do understand your logic;  However, if this occurrence would take place at other concourses and airports, I would readily concur. Having dabbled in code writing a long time ago, I do understand its intricacies, but also recognize that settings normally effect more than a single occurrence, which is not the instant case, especially as I have made no changes to such settings in existence prior to these current updates, so if it were settings, or interference, it would, necessarily, also occur at Concourses C, D, and E. 
It does appear strange that at Concourse B, the carts are spawned from next to a building, and stutter as they do so, while at the other concourses of KCLT, the carts travel a very long distance, for a long period of time, from far away, while they pass Concourse B, as I have been watching them.
You are the programmer and it is your proggy, so I defer to you and consider your assumption that it must be my computer, or settings, and will simply transfer my A319, A320, A330 and CRJ 900 flights to concourses C, D, and E, of American's Hub to the World, where this does not happen.  As you can see from my constant trials and photos, I only meant to alert you and not to cause you stress, or demean your excellent work.  Again, thanks for all you do and your wonderful programs.  John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 08:05:11 pm »
However, if this occurrence would take place at other concourses and airports, I would readily concur.

It's possible that, with the more dense airports, like KCLT, which has really been designed for P3D4, your video driver/settings/tweaks might be more likely to cause it.

mbscjohnp

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 03:13:02 am »
Umberto:  Got ahold of NVIDIA by phone and we dumbed down and tweeked my GTX 1080 Ti setup as far as it would accept, to no avail. They have no other answers for me, since they don't support FSX and suggested, with a grin, that I use an older puter, or a higher IQ program.  John ::)