Author Topic: Sode Jetways not available#2 **SOLVED**  (Read 4748 times)

Deuel747

Sode Jetways not available#2 **SOLVED**
« on: June 24, 2018, 04:21:53 pm »
I have had the problem that the SODE Jetways not available at KCLT at the different positions that I've tried.  I've checked the forums and the web and I've tried the following. Reinstalling KCLT, updating KCLT via the FSDT updater, uninstall SODE and reinstall latest version 1.6.3. With the above mentioned things that I've done still the same message. As part of the same issue does FSDT scenery have to appear in the SODE simobjects folder?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 01:05:50 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Sode Jetways not available#2
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 06:26:46 pm »
Have a look at Pages 33-34 of the GSX manual, the chapter named "Understanding the parking position", which explains the relationship of all factors that can affect if a jetway will solve or not, which are:

- the parking position

- the jetway position

- the airplane configuration, and whether it has set the preferred exit on exit 1 or 2

- the Stop position in the GSX parking customization.

Deuel747

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 02:08:39 pm »
I'm using the PMDG 737-8 and the FSL A320 at the gates. I have not changed any of the positions  for the nose gear, door pref 1 or 2 etc.  Is there a file that can be used to ensure that the right positions etc are correct for these aircraft?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 04:59:24 am »
Please indicate a gate that doesn't work at KCLT.

Deuel747

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 04:22:42 pm »
I started at the B terminal...B4, B6 etc., but tried the other terminals with the same message
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 01:01:30 am by Deuel747 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 12:25:54 pm »
I started at the B terminal...B4, B6 etc., but tried the other terminals with the same message

See the attached screenshot the FS Labs A320 at KCLT Gate B4, no problem with jetways.

- Be sure you use the airplane configuration that comes with GSX, not one you made/downloaded. The airplane configuration page will tell you from which source GSX is taking its data from.

- Be sure you use the current version of everything (GSX and scenery), by using the FSDT Live Update.

- Be sure you use the latest version of SODE. The Live Update will prompt you to upgrade if you don't have it.

Deuel747

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 12:48:19 pm »

- Be sure you use the airplane configuration that comes with GSX, not one you made/downloaded. The airplane configuration page will tell you from which source GSX is taking its data from.

I have doubled checked the airplane configuration was GSX via the configuration page.
(I went as far as uninstalling GSX and reinstalling the latest version from the website)

- Be sure you use the current version of everything (GSX and scenery), by using the FSDT Live Update.

As mentioned above I uninstalled and reinstalled GSX and ran FSDT Live Update after

- Be sure you use the latest version of SODE. The Live Update will prompt you to upgrade if you don't have it.

I uninstalled SODE and reinstalled with latest version from website 1.6.3 not prompted to update with FSDT live update

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 01:37:20 pm by Deuel747 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 01:40:48 pm »
I'm sorry but, as you can clearly see from my screenshot, the jetway at Gate B4 at KCLT with the FS Labs A320 works just fine. Of course, I parked in the correct position as suggested by GSX, could be you parked in a different spot ?

Deuel747

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 11:02:38 am »
I believe this is a SODE issue since I'm having the same issue with other 3rd party airport addons. Thanks for the help and support!

Deuel747

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 06:14:09 pm »
It has been solved! The problem was SODE did not start when P3D started...missing lines in the program data dll.xml file. Once the lines were added it works like a charm!