Author Topic: GSX Level 2 - Jetways preview video  (Read 12744 times)

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
GSX Level 2 - Jetways preview video
« on: June 22, 2018, 10:26:22 pm »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

paulwain

Re: GSX Level 2 - Jetways preview video
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 12:43:20 am »
This add on is just gonna be too awesome  ;D ;D

Quick question.... when you customise the jetways, do we have to keep customising it to every airport we fly or is there an option to set it for all airports?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 04:40:55 am »
Quick question.... when you customise the jetways, do we have to keep customising it to every airport we fly or is there an option to set it for all airports?

I believe this has been explained in the announcement thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17940.0.html

jalbino59

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 03:35:19 pm »
Thanks for the preview. Looks awesome. I already have a list of airports begging for this treatment. Looking forward to "Level-Up" once its ready.

Delta787

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 05:23:27 am »
I already have KATL locked in and loaded. This may be a silly question but is there a way to find out what model of jetways used at airports in real life our just off of photos?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 08:16:13 am »
This may be a silly question but is there a way to find out what model of jetways used at airports in real life our just off of photos?

Not the easiest thing. Some airports have different jetway brands on different terminals, with different variations for each gate.

FireCapt

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 04:41:52 pm »
I have one additional question Umberto.  Although I think I already know the answer because of memory.  When I flay and land at the same airport in Multiplayer with another person with GSX installed. do I see all the GSX services and stuff on their Aircraft too?? ;D

Diuhh

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 12:09:37 pm »
Great video!

I really hope you give plane developers the chance to connect GPU cables and AIRCON hoses cables to these jetways.

Do you plane to make the exact connection points available? Or will they be always the same?

Best,
Till

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 05:12:15 pm »
I really hope you give plane developers the chance to connect GPU cables and AIRCON hoses cables to these jetways.

We'll have two documented variables that airplane developers can check, which will tell them if there's at least one jetway docked with a GPU or AIR unit, so they can do whatever they need to do in their code, to enable such systems, like external power or external air.

For default airplanes (or airplanes that use the default electrical system), a jetway with a GPU will keep the battery in charge, without requiring FSUIPC, of course...

However, no cables will be visible, not unless we'll do a native P3D4 version of GSX (the P3D4 SDK has a "rope" simulation API, that no other simulator has), which might eventually come at some stage, but not right now.

Do you plane to make the exact connection points available? Or will they be always the same?

If and when we'll have visible cables, we'll have editable connection points in the airplane configuration editor, just like the Fuel connection

Diuhh

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 07:36:52 am »
Thanks for clarifing Umberto