Author Topic: problem Update error out of range  (Read 2932 times)

christian_cfv

problem Update error out of range
« on: June 13, 2018, 08:03:41 pm »
I recently refreshed my PC after having a major FSX issue and when i tried to reinstall GSX, I got two error messages... "Runtime Error (at 150:1749): Out Of Range." as well as "Error 3 running C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Coutl_Updater2.exe which means The system cannot find the path specified", which appeared after I clicked 'OK' to the Runtime Error.
Please would you be so kind as to refer me to a solution to this, as I would like to try and get my FSX up and running again...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: problem Update error out of range
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 09:39:10 am »
You sent me the same question by email a couple of days ago, and I replied with:

Try to exclude the whole C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager folder from antivirus scanning, and run the Live Update again.

christian_cfv

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 06:51:29 pm »
yes, but did not work it... other solution please.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 07:02:23 pm by christian_cfv »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 07:34:30 am »
With "did not work", you mean you still see the SAME error message ?

"Error 3 running C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Couatl_Updater2.exe which means The system cannot find the path specified" ?

If yes, then I'm sorry, but the only possible explanation for this error is that your antivirus has mistakenly removed the updater exe, since we surely install it with GSX, so either you haven't configured it correctly, or you might have some other software which is acting like an antivirus, and is doing this.

christian_cfv

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 08:18:36 pm »
where Can I download updater.exe again??

mulgrave

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 09:56:45 pm »
Hi

I have same problem. When running live update. Tried many times reinstalling GSX but same problem

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 09:13:22 am »
where Can I download updater.exe again??

If you configure the antivirus correctly, the updater will re-download the Couatl_updater2.exe the antivirus mistakenly removed, automatically.

christian_cfv

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 09:25:31 pm »
Well. i`ve uninstalled my antivirus software and still same error. I think the thouble is not Antivirus.. I don`t have any idea what wrong is going on..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 04:47:45 am »
Well. i`ve uninstalled my antivirus software and still same error. I think the thouble is not Antivirus.. I don`t have any idea what wrong is going on..

You still see the SAME error message ?

"Error 3 running C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Couatl_Updater2.exe which means The system cannot find the path specified" ?

If yes, then I'm sorry, but the only possible explanation for this error is that your antivirus has mistakenly removed the updater exe, since we surely install it with GSX, so either you haven't configured it correctly, or you might have some other software which is acting like an antivirus, and is doing this.