Author Topic: Missing GPU  (Read 1750 times)

goggi

Missing GPU
« on: June 27, 2018, 09:10:51 pm »
Hello,
I run Win10 Pro, P3Dv4.2 and PMDG 737NGX with MCE.
On preflight, I tested all major GSX functions, which work fine BUT for one: when asking for the GPU I get correct replies, but no GPU is connected.
I updated COUATL, and when checked the reply is "you have the latest version" (or similar).
Any help?
Thank you very much,
Giorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing GPU
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 10:16:47 pm »
Please clarify what do you mean with "when asking for the GPU I get correct replies, but no GPU is connected."

goggi

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 10:34:08 pm »
Please clarify what do you mean with "when asking for the GPU I get correct replies, but no GPU is connected."

I ask (via MCE) "Ground, we need the GPU" (or "Ground Power"), and I get replies from the Mechanic such as "GPU is being connected" (or "GPU available and connected", plus other variants). However, neither a GPU cart appears near the aircraft, nor the Ground Power lights up in the cockpit.
Other commands for catering, boarding and so on work fine.
Thank for your prompt reply,
Giorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 10:51:36 pm »
I don't see how this would have anything to do with GSX, since GSX doesn't have a GPU service (yet).

Your question, then, is why a 3rd party software (MCE) is not able to activate the GPU from another 3rd party software (the PMDG 777), so GSX is entirely unrelated to this.