Author Topic: Possible to disable door requirements?  (Read 1509 times)

duckbilled

Possible to disable door requirements?
« on: June 20, 2018, 09:24:02 pm »
Hi. I understand why the door requirements are there for boarding, but I find them to be a bit annoying - particularly the part where GSX looks for the action of opening the door rather than the position of the door. For example, if I want to load an aircraft cold and dark, my preference is to have the passenger door open in the saved panel state. I cannot find a way to do that with GSX. You have to, at least from what I can tell, have the door closed and open it when GSX tells you to do so.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Possible to disable door requirements?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 02:19:19 am »
For example, if I want to load an aircraft cold and dark, my preference is to have the passenger door open in the saved panel state. I cannot find a way to do that with GSX. You have to, at least from what I can tell, have the door closed and open it when GSX tells you to do so.

GSX just reads the variable that holds the door animation which, for some 3rd party airplanes might be a custom L: variable. So, what you are asking will already work with GSX, because it if finds the variable correctly set to the "open" status, it will just start boarding without asking for the door.

If it doesn't seem to work, the problem is not GSX but, instead, that airplane which is not saving and restoring correctly the value of such variable when restoring from a saved state. Note, for custom L: variables, the default saved flight is not enough: the airplane must explicitly provide support for its own custom variables and must be able to both save and restore them in its own saved flight file, which is an additional file than the one used by default.