Author Topic: GSX Level 2 Terminals without Jetways (Walkboarding)  (Read 3415 times)

Cpt._Anthony_R.

GSX Level 2 Terminals without Jetways (Walkboarding)
« on: June 18, 2018, 11:25:35 am »
First of all I want to say how very impressed and excited I am by the announcement of GSX Level 2.

On some airports there are Gate positions that do not have PBBs, but instead Passengers exit the Building on ground level and follow a walkway to board the aircraft via stairs.
I personally experienced this in Berlin Tegels C Terminal where you exit right at the planes position as well as in Entebbe where the walking distance can be be a few hundred meters.
It's very common at smaller airports and terminals used by low cost airlines.

Therefor I was wondering whether it will be possible to allow passengers to spawn at a set terminal exit and the follow a predefined path to the aircraft to then board via stairs?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level 2 Terminals without Jetways (Walkboarding)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 04:35:17 pm »
This has been already asked and answered in another thread. Yes, GSX had the ability to disable the passenger bus since years, which is used to handle such cases of a parking without a jetway but very close to the terminal, so it won't require a bus either.

Of course, you'll have to set these parkings manually, using the GSX parking customization page.

Cpt._Anthony_R.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 04:56:36 pm »
Yes, I'm well aware of this function. What I wanted to know is if such parkings will have animated passengers as well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 09:29:31 am »
Yes, I'm well aware of this function. What I wanted to know is if such parkings will have animated passengers as well.

Of course they will. We already confirmed that passengers will use jetways too so, they are not related in any way to the presence of the bus.