Author Topic: P3Dv4.3  (Read 3967 times)

rjlfry

P3Dv4.3
« on: June 26, 2018, 08:29:02 am »
I am now updated to 4.3 and couatl has gone AWOL this may be just on my PC, don't know had a problem before had uninstall everything FSDT to get it working before, airport installed and active in addon manager but not showing in the sim, will do a reinstall and see what happens.

Ray Fry.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3Dv4.3
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 04:49:34 pm »
There are no issues whatsoever with the 4.3 update, which doesn't require any changes to our software and doesn't affects it. If just the Couatl menu is missing, the things to check are always the same:

1) Defective antivirus. Download and install with the Antivirus disabled AND configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning BEFORE starting the sim.

OR

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Note that, it's possible the 4.3 update might have updated the VC++ libraries on your system, and this SOMETIMES requires a Windows restart so, it's possible if you just restart Windows, it will work again.

But I can only confirm there are no issues of any kind between any of our software and the 4.3 update. In fact, our next update will REQUIRE 4.3.

airlinetycoon

P3Dv4.3
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 07:18:03 pm »
Same issue here (sometimes). The GSX window does not appear in some cases. It seems that the problem comes after a location change. Restart does not help. Reinstall does not help. I see GSX in the addon menu, I can open the options.
I can open the Sode Menu and it works, but no GSX window....

Edit: not the same problem:D
But maybe you can check anyway please.

nordicman

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 08:10:11 pm »
Which is the most current VC++ and how do you find it on your system? Thank you.

unc1rlm

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 08:35:24 pm »
Installed version 4.3 and No Problems here  ;D

My one cent,
Bob M.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 10:59:01 pm »
Which is the most current VC++ and how do you find it on your system? Thank you.

It's not so simple. There are multiple version of it ( 2005 SP1, 2013 and 2015 ) and they can be updated by anything: a windows update, a .net update, another software, the sim itslelf, etc.

As I've said, depending on the version you had previously had and which software is running at the moment, you might have to restart Windows, when such libraries are updated.

But again, there's nothing in 4.3 that would prevent our software to run. In fact, we have been using 4.3 since several months by now.

windshear

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 05:43:38 pm »
I have no issues in 4.3
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark