Author Topic: GSX & FSL A320X weight loading  (Read 11637 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX & FSL A320X weight loading
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2018, 05:57:50 pm »
I have say 155 pax and 3000 Kgs of cargo and, after boarding, the passengers reduce to 120 and the cargo goes up say to 5000 or even full load (in order to maintain the same ZFW). Why should I accept to have 120 pax, so a quite lower load factor, when I had an almost full airplane before GSX intervention? .

AGAIN ?? Why you keep repeating GSX is "intervening" ?? GSX DOESN'T CHANGE THE AIRPLANE WEIGHT!!!! How many times should I repeat it ?

If you have a certain passenger number in the FS Labs FMC before boarding, what is supposed to happen, is the FS Labs code should SET the GSX variable to TELL GSX how many passengers GSX is supposed to board in total.

If the FS Labs code has set the GSX variable correctly, you should see this same number in GSX when boarding starts on the right side of the "XX/YY passengers loaded" expression. If you see a different number, than it means the FS Labs hasn't set the variable, so GSX is continuing to estimate as it always did.

This is not how it's supposed to work, so it looks there might be a problem in the FS Labs code that interface with GSX. Which is why, I said you should report it to FS Labs.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2018, 06:58:46 pm »
Just to be sure, I checked it now, using the following procedure:

- Select the desired number of passengers in the FS Labs A320, using the OPTIONS->PAYLOAD menu, for example 100

- Select GSX Boarding

- The number of passengers in the A320 payload goes to 0, which is exactly how it's supposed to work.

- The GSX bus arrives.

- As soon as GSX does the boarding, the number of passengers goes up to 100, exactly as expected, while the airplane weight goes up as well.

- When GSX boarding ends, 100 passengers have boarded, which is exactly the number I asked for initially. The only difference, is they might end up distributed differently in the 3 classes. I chose 34, 33 and 33, they ended up being 25, 44 and 31, but the total is still 100.

jgoggi

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 11:41:34 am »
- When GSX boarding ends, 100 passengers have boarded, which is exactly the number I asked for initially. The only difference, is they might end up distributed differently in the 3 classes. I chose 34, 33 and 33, they ended up being 25, 44 and 31, but the total is still 100.

That's not always true, I tried at least 20 times and most of the times the numbers don't match, at times they differ by 1 passenger, at times more. See the attached screenshots, first one (ZFW 55.7) before boarding, second one (ZFW 55.4) after boarding...
James Goggi

jgoggi

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2018, 05:11:56 pm »
Done another test right now: 139 pax before boarding, 103 after boarding!
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2018, 04:53:20 pm »
Are you doing the SAME test I made ( which matched the passenger number exactly ) ? I ONLY use the OPTIONS->PAYLOAD menu and NOTHING ELSE. I never touch the INIT B page. It's possible you are using that one ?

Not that this changes anything: they are both two things happening entirely within the A320 code, nothing we can do from GSX, which is simply setting ITS OWN variables to count the passengers. It's up to the airplane what to do with them.

jgoggi

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2018, 09:50:41 pm »
I never touch the INIT B page. It's possible you are using that one ?

Well, maybe I do, because when it's time for boarding, the MCDU setup (and so the info in the INIT B page) has already been completed. Anyway I'll do some more tests without touching that page. Thank you.
James Goggi