Author Topic: GSX Editor Questions  (Read 2210 times)

Speedbird ATC

GSX Editor Questions
« on: June 15, 2018, 04:52:57 am »
Hello all. I have recently gotten into looking at using the GSX editor. I'm trying to figure out two things. After pushback, I often end up having to wait a lengthy time period for the pushback truck to stop blocking the taxiway. This doesn't occur on some other sceneries where the truck moves promptly out of the way. Is it possible to edit this behavior? Second, I quite like the GSX safedock systems. Is there a way to replace whatever safedock system the scenery comes with GSX's far nicer ones? Thanks in advance!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX Editor Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 05:16:27 am »
Can't really help you with the pushback issue. As for the Safedock, you need to edit the parking position of the airport you want to do this at.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Editor Questions
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 08:50:51 am »
Some sceneries use questionable methods to create their taxiway nodes, placing an unnecessary number of nodes and failing to create specific vehicle paths, which GSX will use by preference.

There's no much we can do to fix this, it's already difficult enough to have GSX defends itself against those faulty sceneries and not crashing (lots of the GSX code is to prevent crashes over faulty 3rd party sceneries).

You can surely add a GSX safedock everywhere but, if the scenery comes with its own, there's no way from GSX to remove it, you must use ADE, and make an exclusion area for that object.