Author Topic: GSX Level 2 Expansion!!!  (Read 3379 times)

jpfinch

GSX Level 2 Expansion!!!
« on: June 10, 2018, 07:17:36 pm »
Was just reading a preview over at Flight Sim Nexus based on the FlightSim Expo 2018 announcement, and this 'expansion' looks INCREDIBLE!

Just the SODE Jetways improvement would have been enough to call this a separate NEW product, which I would gladly have paid more for.
Such simple things as providing External GPU is so helpful, and shows the level of thought towards providing what the FlightSim community
is looking for.

The animated passengers is a bonus, and just takes this 'expansion' to another level.  As mentioned, I already think just the SODE improvements
justify a stand alone product.  Please though provide the ability to turn this feature on/off, since i'm sure it will take up memory and CPU cycles,
but having it as an option, would be outstanding.

Thanks for providing some of the very best add-ons for the FlightSim community!

Speedbird ATC

Re: GSX Level 2 Expansion!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 02:59:40 am »
One thing that bus me a bit is the fact that we already have something like the SODE jetways with docking guidance: However I almost never use it as it is just such a pain to configure.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 02:35:14 pm »
One thing that bus me a bit is the fact that we already have something like the SODE jetways with docking guidance: However I almost never use it as it is just such a pain to configure.

What do you mean with SODE jetways are "such a pain to configure" ? You mean as a scenery developer ?

Or, as an user, you find they don't always work ? But the issue is precisely what the GSX expansion will try to fix. In the real world, there's no such thing as a standard jetway on an airport. They come in so many different sizes and specification, so they can fit every parking configuration.

However, scenery developers (including ourselves), never model every different jetway type for each parking, because is too much work. Usually we do 2-3 models to fit the whole airport, and this means sometimes they might not dock, or might only dock over a restricted range of stopping positions, because on the real airport, they might have used a different-sized model just for that parking.

But with the GSX expansion, we are supplying 80+ different models, based on real specifications, and that would make it easier to find a jetway that would fit a particular parking, also used in combination with a variable-sized bridge.

AND, the GSX editor will help you testing the jetway beforehand, while is being placed, telling which doors the jetway will connect to, without having to operate it.

This will be a great time saving feature for scenery developers, because they might just use the GSX editor to place jetways, and supply users with a GSX airport .INI customization file, so they could finally have the proper jetway for the proper parking, because we have so many variations in the library, so they'll sure find the one that fits a parking and would work better with several airplanes.

We expect users would also share their .INI files and, lots of freeware sceneries might come with a GSX .INI file, because freeware authors might not want to learn the intricacies of creating animated jetways with the SODE SDK, they might just want to create a realistic airport.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:58:51 am by virtuali »

Eisbahn

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 11:41:21 am »

And your constant bickering in all these threads is such a pain to the rest of us!

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 03:49:09 am »
It is a legitimate question. I assume you have every airport in your sim perfectly set up with the SODE docking systems?