Author Topic: GSX Level 2 expansion announced:SODE jetways and animated passengers everywhere  (Read 113558 times)

ols500

For a non-SODE airport for example Eiresim Alicante (uses AES, but without AES static) will level 2 automatically replace all the bad static ones with SODE or do I have to replace every Jetway manually, if so an airport like Heathrow would take forever...

-Ollie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
For a non-SODE airport for example Eiresim Alicante (uses AES, but without AES static) will level 2 automatically replace all the bad static ones with SODE

As I've said, if the static jetways are separate from the terminal polygon mesh, they can be excluded.

The only thing that GSX excludes automatically are default jetways using the default model.

It won't exclude automatically default jetways using custom models (non-default CTRL+J jetways), because it would be wrong and very invasive to affect 3rd party airports this way, automatically, and it CANNOT exclude something which is not a jetway automatically, because if an object is not identified in the scenery AFCAD as a Jetway, there's no way to tell, automatically, it IS a jetway.

So, in both cases (non-default CTRL+J jetways and static jetways modeled separately from the terminal), you'll have to edit the parking position in GSX, to enable an Exclusion area for that parking spot, which can also have a range, which by default is 1 mt. around the jetway insertion point, but can be changed for each parking.

or do I have to replace every Jetway manually, if so an airport like Heathrow would take forever...

No, because as with ALL the other features in the GSX parking customization page, you can select multiple parking spots at once, and have the setting applied to all of them at once.

So, for example, assuming you know that all jetways of a terminal have the same style/model/logo, you could just select the terminal itslef (instead of the single parking spots), enable the Exclude flag, set the Jetway style/model/logo, then click Apply, so all parking spots will have that setting applied to.

Yes, of course, if you want the absolute realism, and be able to specify for each parking a different jetway model, set up double jetways, test them to be sure they'll work, set the stop position to be in agreement with any docking system the scenery might have, or even ADD a GSX docking system if the scenery didn't had one, you can do that as well.

Of course, it's likely that users more willing to go that far in the customization might just want to share their .INI files.

And scenery developers, if they are smart, might just supply the GSX customization with their scenery. That's the way we'll add SODE jetways to all our sceneries that don't have them yet, like JFK or KLAX.

Swisspilot

I‘m looking forward for this outstanding Level2. However I have a lot of custom parkings set in GSX(i.e. Parking radiuse, position uses a jetway (AES) and so on, can I import these settings or will they be lost?
Kind Regards
Patrick

grandfred29

Hello, about the release date, maybe at the end of this week or later?
thanks

Swisspilot

Maybe it would be an idea to post a sticky where users can post sceneries (pay- and freeware) which have excludable jetways.
It would help to buy or download the one or other addon which hadn‘t movable jetways until Level 2.
Just an idea.

Kind Regards
Patrick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Maybe it would be an idea to post a sticky where users can post sceneries (pay- and freeware) which have excludable jetways.

We had such forum sections since GSX has been released:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/board,52.0.html

The Level 2 Expansion doesn't change anything: they are still GSX airport .INI, just with more data in it. Users without the expansion simply won't see the jetways, but the files are compatible.

Swisspilot

But adding SODEnJetway to „every“ airport is a new future comming with Level 2, so how can it be existing since the beginning of GSX  ???
I mean a list with airports where Jetways are a separate bgl.

DreamSkywards

I think Umberto means a place where GSX users will be able to share their custom modifications for GSX. That place does exist and is linked by umberto. You will be able to post your own jetway .ini files there once you edit your jetways with Level 2.

There is no list anywere that I'm aware of that lists airports with separate bgl.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I mean a list with airports where Jetways are a separate bgl.

We don't create a new .BGL for jetways.

GSX Jetways will be contained in the same GSX airport .INI file that is already used to save all the other customizations for an airport, so it can be shared in that sharing area of the forum.

KenrickPollock

Question. How to go about replacing or should I say auto excluding static jetways (can’t use CTRL+J) but were modeled separately as a .BGL file using the exclusion tool and edit mode ?

Because my static gates still appear after loading the sim. I have to resort to finding the corresponding .Bgl and removing it from the folder.  Or making it a .Off file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
If static are not modeled separately, there's no way to exclude them. If they have a separate library .BGL, it means that, although they are static, they *are* modeled independently.

If you feel adventurous and are fully determined to remove static jetways modeled as part of the terminal, you can try the solution suggested here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18401.msg128495.html#msg128495

jalmari

My problem is that I haven't seen a single passenger!
Is there something which I don't understand?

P3D v3
GSX (level 2 updated)
B747, B737-800 (originals) + third part Caravelle

hmm....
(how can one be sure that the update is installed properly?
Is there any difference to GSX (without update L2) or help file, ext. ?)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 04:16:21 pm by jalmari »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
My problem is that I haven't seen a single passenger!

Is the scenery using SODE jetways ? Passenger won't work in default jetways, they must be SODE, either provided with the scenery, or replaced by GSX.

jalmari

OK, it could be that. to be checked.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
. Here is a screen shot of shadow people moving but no people themselves. I think its because of the jetway

If the jetway is solid, it's normal you cannot see them, unless you put a custom camera view inside of it.