Author Topic: GSX Level 2 expansion announced:SODE jetways and animated passengers everywhere  (Read 113593 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
So airports with SODE jetways already will not be touched?

This was already explained in the announced post: airports that already come with SODE jetways won't be customizable.

To be more precise: it's only the non-FSDT airports with SODE jetways that cannot be customized, but existing FSDT airports using SODE jetways can be customized.

Or will we have to customize the jetways at all of our favorite airports?

Not sure I undertand the question: customization is an option, not a requirement. The only differences are:

- On an default airport with default jetways, there's nothing you must do: just install, and you'll immediately have better looking SODE jetways, which you CAN customize, if you want, but you don't have to.

- On a 3rd party airport with custom-made jetways using the default (CTRL+J) animation system, you must explicitly tell the GSX editor which parkings will have replaced jetways, so it will create an Exclude .BGL for you, and then  you can start customizing them.

Simjockey

Hi Umberto,

What is the smallest aircraft that this new module will interface with?  e.g. with a KingAir 350, obviously the SODE jetways won't be used but will passengers leave the transfer bus and walk over to the aircraft just as they would to a B737?

Brilliant addition to a great program!

Regards.

SKEWR

Will there be different voices? Love GSX, but the robot voice of ground crews isn't pleasant.

Thanks.

Speedbird ATC

I am sold. Will we finally have the option for multiple bus trips and multiple buses? It will be a tad amusing to watch 500 passengers walk out of one bus!

jabloomf1230

I looking forward to buying this. For default airports will all the gates have animated SODE jetways or just the user's gate? The reason that I ask is I'm wondering how AI aircraft will work with the new GSX 2.  I know that they presently work beautifully with SODE 1.63 and SODE jetways, but I just thought that I'd ask, because VOXATC aircraft (not the sim's) only work with SODE jetways.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 02:10:14 am by jabloomf1230 »

Silverbird

I will gladly pay for the expansion to support development great work so far to the team Umberto.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

DrumsArt

Great news!!! 8)

Thank you and Regards,
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

Jayster226

Kind of bummed we can't customize all airports, even ones already using SODE because I have some airports that some lack luster jetways. I'm still excited for this however.

Ursli80

Hello Humberto,

I have a question about the FPS.
You mention that the PAX are very FPS friendly.
I assume that this "FPS break-in" if it will take place only when the passengers are seen?

Or will this "FPS breake-in" then always be present?

Best regards
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737

joefackel

Nice upgrade. The price seems maybe a bit high for an Add-on-Addon but i will reconsider when its out  :)

One plea: for gods sake, please review the walking speed of your simulated persons  ;)

Anders Bermann

Nice upgrade. The price seems maybe a bit high for an Add-on-Addon but i will reconsider when its out  :)

One plea: for gods sake, please review the walking speed of your simulated persons  ;)

Has the price been announced?
Best regards, Anders

joefackel

Has the price been announced?

Yes.

Okay, have to admit "something below 30$" can also mean 10$ ;-)

Nonetheless, no reason to draw the baseball bat  :-*

wigerup

This program is getting better and better. I like this "beside the flight simulator" program  which take your simulator to another level. Very good.
Best regards
Bjorn Wigerup
Sweden
 :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Will there be different voices? Love GSX, but the robot voice of ground crews isn't pleasant.

Don't worry, we already have an update planned, which will feature hired professional voice talents, to replace all the voices in GSX. And this will be a free update of the core GSX product. That's why making an expansion and not a new paid GSX version made sense...

funkyj4ever

Nice!,

And what about the cargo expansion? I thought that was also in the making....