Author Topic: Head scratchier... **SOLVED**  (Read 4562 times)

767 Pilot

Head scratchier... **SOLVED**
« on: June 10, 2018, 04:05:14 pm »
Have an issue I havent come across before, and has got me puzzled.....Im adding some of my sceneries into Prepar3d, but for some reason my top 22 sceneries have me locked out. It wont let me edit, delete, or move up or down. If I try to do a fresh reinstall I get this error message. Mind you from the 23rd spot on down works just fine I can do all the functions.....
Any suggestions??

Doug
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 04:57:27 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Head scratchier....
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 02:47:07 pm »
This has been discussed so many times on the forum, and it's not a problem or a bug or an issue or something that needs fixing.

It's how the sim works: all sceneries installed using an add-on.xml file, which is the proper and native P3D4-way of installing sceneries, will not be editable in the Scenery Library.

About the error message when installing, it looks like you are installing while the sim is still running or, maybe, too soon after you closed the sim, not allowing enough time for it to close all the running processes.

Installing after a Windows restart should fix this.

767 Pilot

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 09:39:31 pm »
Ok my friend! I can understand your frustration answering the same question! BUT if I knew how to ask whats wrong in the search engine I would have done that!!!!
So if I understand your reply you cant edit some sceneries.....ok so how do I fix this....??? I reactivated KMEM, said I was go to go when I went to the airport it looked like this......

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 09:26:58 am »
It's a problem caused by Orbx, see this post here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13614.0.html

767 Pilot

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 11:09:47 pm »
Thanks for your help, but that didnt solve the issue.

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 07:29:27 am »
Then it might be a problem either caused again by OrbX, but with a different solution or, a problem caused by another scenery like that, with another solution as well.

The only thing sure, it's a problem caused by another scenery, which must be fixed by acting on that one. What sceneries you have installed which might affect the elevation ?

767 Pilot

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 10:22:29 pm »
I have run the Orbix elevation adjuster numerous time and still get the same results, HOWEVER it did fix some of the other issues I had with some other sceneries.....I've come to the conclusion to just leave it as default and be done with it....or just maybe figure out whats wrong too...

Thank-you for your time!!
Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 09:12:26 am »
I'm not sure what you did with the OrbX AEC tool but, last time I heard from users, the problem was that it didn't support sceneries installed using the  proper P3D method (the add-on.xml method, opposed to the legacy scenery.cfg method), so it couldn't detect a scenery that require a fix for the elevation problem caused after installing their products. The solution was to select the affected airport manually.

I'm only reporting what I read from users that successfully solved the problem this way. I haven't tested it, because I have no OrbX product installed.

rjlfry

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 08:30:47 am »
I always do it manually as it will not always pick up some scenery addon, but once you have done it manually you cannot use the auto scan as it will reverse any manual edit you have done, and when you add an airport its the first thing you should do.
Ray Fry.

767 Pilot

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 10:19:29 pm »
After some finessing with the manual installer and elevation I'm happy to say I finally got KMEM to show up!!! Yeah!  LOL

Anyway Virtuali and Ray Fry thank-you for your help!!!

Doug

Chuckers317

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 04:51:22 am »
Get P3DV4AddonOrganizer.  The Lorby Prepar3D Addon Organizer is a ‘must-have’ utility for P3DV4.2 users.  It adds, deletes, reorders, activates, and deactivates all of your addons by creating XML files recommended by Lockheed Martin.

It also checks your configuration files and other xml files used by Prepar3D for encoding errors. They can be fixed by clicking on ‘Save’ in the Addon Organizer.

Files can be downloaded at http://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html.  

For your errors, go to Options, Applications and unselect Enable Content Error Reporting.  Simple solutions.  I hope they solve your issues with P3D.

Chuck
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:00:18 am by Chuckers317 »

Chuckers317

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 05:03:06 am »
I have run the Orbix elevation adjuster numerous time and still get the same results, HOWEVER it did fix some of the other issues I had with some other sceneries.....I've come to the conclusion to just leave it as default and be done with it....or just maybe figure out whats wrong too...

Thank-you for your time!!
Doug

Check the ORBX Forums for assistance with their product.  They can be very helpful.