Author Topic: "Baggage loading in progress" forever?! **SOLVED**  (Read 57795 times)

Daniel Baker

Re: "Baggage loading in progress" forever?!
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2018, 03:10:37 am »
I'm having the same issue.  Plus I can no longer move jetways within the GSX menu.

P3D v4.2
Windows 10 Home 64
AS P3Dv4
Any aircraft

- Daniel

Junio Gracielo

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2018, 04:21:31 am »
Same problem.
So far, a problem believing to be the only problem ...

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17991.0.html

Andrew Z

« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2018, 07:22:42 am »
I'm having the same problem as everyone else

- Passengers sounds before bus arrives
- Baggage Loading In Progress Forever
- Having to Reset GSX Positions just to Push Back

I use to Project Airbus A320
Time per passenger[Boarding and Deboarding] is .5 seconds 
Minimum Time for Boarding is 20 Seconds
Minimum Time for Deboarding is 15 seconds

And all I do is....
-Operate Jetway
-Catering[Wait till 100% complete]
-Boarding

Please help! :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2018, 08:03:51 am »
As explained several times by now, the thread is "not going anywhere" because:

- We were attending the Flightsimexpo last week.

AND

- After that, I took a two weeks vacation in the US, together with the other GSX developer, and so there's not much we can do other than reading messages to fix this. It was announced several days ago that, until June 25th, support would be running at a reduced pace.

AND

- Regardless how hard I tried, I was never able to reproduce this in any way.

I don't think it makes any sense wanting to "rollback" to a previous version, when you can simply Restart Couatl which, as explained in the GSX manual, is your main panic button when something goes wrong. And, I cannot even say which version you should rollback to, both because saying "it started with the last update" doesn't mean much, if you don't specify from which set of files you were updating from and, because I cannot replicate it. If I could, this would haven been fixed long ago.

Of course, as I've said in a previous post, if you really don't want to Restart Couatl (which I think it's the easiest workaround, by far), you can install GSX with the network disconnected, so it will revert to the version which was current the time you downloaded the installer. But I don't think this is a very good idea, it's much better if you just restart Couatl.

And, as I've also said in a previous post, since there were some reports more detailed than others, when I'll be back at work, I'll try to replicate as close as possible the steps listed by the few users that took the time to file a proper report.

virtualstuff

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2018, 03:36:31 pm »
Thanks for the support take your time, we will wait and see when you guys are back, and for the mean time I will do a GSX reset....
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:17:15 pm by virtuali »

hawele

« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2018, 07:59:24 pm »
„Baggage loading in progress“ forever is with all airplanes, default, freeware and payware on all airports, default, payware and freeware. So push back is only possible by restarting the whole process. It occurred after last update. I installed a previous version of gsx setup (January 2018, for testing) and the sequence ...catering/refueling/boarding/push back worked properly.
As the bug was clearly imported with one of the last updates or even with the last update it should be possible to identify and to fix it. Hope you find it soon.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:33:46 pm by hawele »

kost4118

« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2018, 09:52:29 pm »
„Baggage loading in progress“ forever is with all airplanes, default, freeware and payware on all airports, default, payware and freeware. So push back is only possible by restarting the whole process. It occurred after last update. I installed a previous version of gsx setup (January 2018, for testing) and the sequence ...catering/refueling/boarding/push back worked properly.
As the bug was clearly imported with one of the last updates or even with the last update it should be possible to identify and to fix it. Hope you find it soon.
You can share the installer

necrofago

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2018, 10:01:45 pm »
You can share the installer

+1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2018, 11:18:13 pm »
We posted an earlier version of the installer in another thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17793.msg125699.html#msg125699

hawele

« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2018, 09:20:46 am »
I’m sorry, but this can’t be the final solution for the boarding issue (baggage loading ongoing). I’m using FSX with acceleration pack and there is no problem with FPS, only the problem of never-ending baggage procedure. Push back is only possible by restarting GSX or resetting, interrupting the whole process. And reading all the messages under that item I’m shure that there are hundreds of other users faced with the same problem. I’m also shure that you can solve the problem after being back from holiday.

wsmeier

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2018, 05:54:52 pm »
I’m sorry, but this can’t be the final solution for the boarding issue (baggage loading ongoing).

I'm sure this isn't the final solution. In fact, considering that Umberto isn't seeing an issue on his side but so many of us our having the same problem, I suspect that something went wrong with the last Live Update server upload and that it's simply a matter of re-uploading the latest update. Pure conjecture on my part, of course. Regardless, I'm certain whatever the issue is will be fixed in no time after they return home.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2018, 02:47:52 am »
I’m sorry, but this can’t be the final solution for the boarding issue

I think I repeated several times by now in this very thread, that I'm on vacation until June 25th so, I'll be back at work on 26th so, I posted the earlier installer ONLY for those that find too annoying using what I think should be the easiest option, which is the Restart Couatl (that feature is there for a reason...), so they have now a 2nd alternative to the restart.

And I also said, in my last post that, although I was never able to reproduce it so far, thanks to someone who finally posted a PROPER detailed report, I assume I should be able to reproduce it too, which is the absolute main steps required to get to a fix. When a problem can be reproduced by us, the fix is usually very easy.

But again, there's not much I can do before June 26th.

In the meantime, you have two options:

1) Use the Restart Couatl function after boarding.

OR

2) Use the earlier installed I posted.

mikestout

« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2018, 09:40:10 am »
Go ahead an enjoy your vacation. If you get the time stop by my place in Boise.

prognosis2001

« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2018, 10:31:16 am »
Having the same problem as everyone else..  Pressed Pushback and get the same message that everyone else is showing..I also have to reset the position to begin the pushback as Baggage loading never goes away. I've read all of this tread and tried the full reinstall like you stated a page or so ago but to no avail same problem.. Hope we can sort this!

virtualstuff

« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2018, 02:27:43 pm »
I’m sorry, but this can’t be the final solution for the boarding issue

I think I repeated several times by now in this very thread, that I'm on vacation until June 25th so, I'll be back at work on 26th so, I posted the earlier installer ONLY for those that find too annoying using what I think should be the easiest option, which is the Restart Couatl (that feature is there for a reason...), so they have now a 2nd alternative to the restart.

And I also said, in my last post that, although I was never able to reproduce it so far, thanks to someone who finally posted a PROPER detailed report, I assume I should be able to reproduce it too, which is the absolute main steps required to get to a fix. When a problem can be reproduced by us, the fix is usually very easy.

But again, there's not much I can do before June 26th.

In the meantime, you have two options:

Thanks will revert to the earlier version for P3D v4.2
1) Use the Restart Couatl function after boarding.

OR

2) Use the earlier installed I posted.