Author Topic: "Baggage loading in progress" forever?! **SOLVED**  (Read 58071 times)

stro19

Re: "Baggage loading in progress" forever?!
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2018, 03:33:33 am »
I just started having this issue. Im using PMDG 737 and the its stuck in boarding. The belt loaders move back, but the rear stair truck doesnt. I bring up the menu and it saids Baggage loading in progress and will not allow me to select push back. I uninstalled Addon Manager and GSX and reinstalled, same issue.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 03:37:36 am by stro19 »
SaintJoe

BakedOnions

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2018, 05:14:54 am »
Same here with my PMDG 737 700 at FSDT KSDF

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2018, 01:52:31 pm »
Have the same problem with ifly 737

As I've said in my last post, it would be useful if, instead just saying "I have the same problem", you would provide a complete and precise report that we can TRY to reproduce because, right now, all the descriptions have been so vague and, the few that contained a bit more informations, when I tried to reproduce it, it simply didn't happen.

Jamerikid

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2018, 02:21:27 pm »
Just a thought, do you mind posting your process  Umberto so we can try it your way?

srcooke

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2018, 03:42:55 pm »
Prepar3D v4.2
PMDG B738 NGX
FSDT KCLT
ANY GATE

Load NGX at FSDT KCLT rwy.

Move to gate via GSX menu.

Dock jetway via GSX menu + sode options

Set ZFW in FMC

Request re-fueling via GSX menu.

Enter fuel load.

GSX fuelling completes and truck withdraws.

GSX menu still shows 'request fuelling' and not as complete.

Request GSX catering

Baggage loaders move in to position.

Open doors on catering arrival.

Close doors upon catering completeion.

Catering completes.

Open required pax & cargo doors

Request GSX boarding

Boarding and cargo loading commences.

"boarding passengers now"

Cargo loading completes.

Cargo loaders withdraw.

Close cargo holds.

Pax boarding sound ceases.

No 'chime' is heard.

"baggage loading in progress" displayed and does not terminate

Close pax doors

Cannot undock Jetway.

ONLY option = reset position

Scenery re-loads

Request push-back

Issue started after running live update and occurs with other aircraft models also.

Logs and files attached

Regards
Stephen Cooke

LukeK

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2018, 03:51:25 pm »
As I've said in my last post, it would be useful if, instead just saying "I have the same problem", you would provide a complete and precise report that we can TRY to reproduce because, right now, all the descriptions have been so vague and, the few that contained a bit more informations, when I tried to reproduce it, it simply didn't happen.

PMDG 737 at a gate, jetway attached and doors open. Request catering. Catering completes. Request boarding, boarding "completes" in that all pax are on board and baggage has been loaded, but GSX still thinks boarding is in progress. I've not tried it at an FSDT airport - I'll see if this makes a difference.

Cheers!

Luke

bhorv67

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2018, 06:17:34 pm »
I can report I'm having the same issue:

AC - PMDG NGX and Maddog X

Airports - KIAD, KORD, KMCO, KCLT, KBOS

GSX, latest build per the updater tool. GSX settings are default

Steps to recreate:
Power on AC, start pre-flight procedures, Connect jetbridge either SODE via SimConnect or ctrl - J if non-Sode
SimConnect Menu - call Catering first, then call boarding.
Open baggage bays
Catering completes, close service doors, boarding begins - **Don't see the green bar displaying how many pax are boarding**
baggage trucks arrive - load bags. Once finished, they drive away. **at this point, nothing else happens, I should hear - 'baggage handling complete', but that does not happen. Look in Simconnect menu, status displays, boarding in progress. If I don't reset the position, this will stay indefinitely,**
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 06:19:46 pm by bhorv67 »

wjmt

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2018, 10:40:22 pm »
I also have the same issue.  FSX PMDG 737NGX.  Occurs at any FSDT airport I have tried.  I am watching this post to see what develops after they gat back from the convention.  Hope you had a great time.  And LUCKY!  I think I read it was in Vegas. 

mikestout

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2018, 07:04:28 am »
Yeah, boarding never ends so I have to disable GSX then enable it to get it to work correctly. I am flying a PMDG 737 and it happens no matter who's airport I am at. FSDT or Flight Beam. one other issue
now is that my P3D is a little glitchy. When I exit the program (P3D) it CTD. I have not lost a flight yet but, I am concerned. I thought I would just redownload and get the fix but I am reading that it still
continues. I fly for United Virtual everyday and would not think about not using GSX. I love the damn program so I hope a fix is in the offing..

Thanks Mike

mikestout

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2018, 07:12:06 am »
Oh yeah, I forgot. Voices start before I open the door and when boarding is complete there is not chime.
So something is happening right at  that sequence to make GSX think boarding is still in progress. That's
my uneducated guess.

Mike Stout

Estray One

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2018, 11:30:48 am »
Same problem here.

Bought GSX a few days ago so latest version is running

PMDG 747 and 777
Prepar3D v4.2
All airports (default, flightbeam, Drzewiecki)
Process:
Start up from cold & dark
Start fuelling (either with the built in PMDG turn around or instant fuel loading)
Fuelling completes
Start Cargo loading
Cargo loading animations end
Then nothing, stairs stay connected and nothing happens. GSX menu displays “cargo loading in process”.
Have to reset GSX to be able to start the pushback.

I tried different loads, tried with multiple trips on and off. I also used the time multiplier to see if maybe it ends later but it’s just stuck at cargo loading (boarding)

Estray One

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2018, 11:33:44 am »
Same problem here.

Bought GSX a few days ago so latest version is running

PMDG 747 and 777
Prepar3D v4.2
All airports (default, flightbeam, Drzewiecki)
Process:
Start up from cold & dark
Start fuelling (either with the built in PMDG turn around or instant fuel loading)
Fuelling completes
Start Cargo loading
Cargo loading animations end
Then nothing, stairs stay connected and nothing happens. GSX menu displays “cargo loading in process”.
Have to reset GSX to be able to start the pushback.

I tried different loads, tried with multiple trips on and off. I also used the time multiplier to see if maybe it ends later but it’s just stuck at cargo loading (boarding)

Also the sounds of loading (the “Thumps” of the cargo entering the plane) start as soon as boarding is selected. So before any cargo is actually being loaded

tf51d

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2018, 12:53:50 pm »
Have the same problem with ifly 737

Just throwing out a possibility here. Being the developer are you running off the native compiled version (including all updates) of the software, or did you install the one with the released installer? If the former, it could be a problem with the current installer update version, so you wouldn't be able to reproduce the problem.

jotafl

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2018, 03:29:47 pm »
Hello Umberto, hope you enjoyed your time in Vegas.

I know you said: "Again, it would be useful if, instead just saying "I have the same problem", you would provide a complete and precise report that we can TRY to reproduce because, right now, all the descriptions have been so vague and, the few that contained a bit more informations, when I tried to reproduce it, it simply didn't happen."

Well, some of the users did post their complete and precise report which in my case I can say that it is the same way I have used my gsx menu since the beginning with the exception that I do not use the fuel feature as I do so before I start my checklist, so I do have to report that I do "have the same problem" since the last update and the problem is at the end of the loading baggage, it never ends even though the loaders move the car back as if they are done, as they always do.

It is happening with the only add on aircraft that I used (which I've never had this problem before). PMDG 737/777 Maddog MD88, ah, using P3D V4.2

My timings in the settings are (no change since the time we had a choice of adjusting them)
Debording 15.0 / 0.6
Boarding 15 / 1.6
Refueling 25.0
Message interval 90.0

Hope you can find what is causing this problem soon. If I find something more I will post it. :)

Jay

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2018, 04:41:16 pm »
Just throwing out a possibility here. Being the developer are you running off the native compiled version (including all updates) of the software, or did you install the one with the released installer? If the former, it could be a problem with the current installer update version, so you wouldn't be able to reproduce the problem.

I obviously test every bug report related to the released version only with the released version. Sure, we have a developement version which includes the unreleased things, but I keep two add-on.xml definitions, one for the debug version and one for the release version, so I just switch to release before making any tests following a bug report.

In any case, this will be taken care of with the highest priority, as soon as I'll be back from my two weeks vacation in the US, so we'll collect ALL the reports everybody has made here, and we'll try to reproduce them so, try to be as precise as possible.

One thing that is usually missing from reports, which might be important, is whether you used the airplane in its default configuration, as it came with GSX (assuming it was a supported airplane), or you customized it somehow. If you customized it, please provide the GSX.CFG file too, because maybe the problem only happens when choosing specific customization options.

For the time being (until we'll be back at work), keep using the Restart Couatl option as a workaround.