Author Topic: Compatibility with BlueSkyScenery's Las Vegas Photographic scenery?  (Read 10365 times)

nat2004

Hi,

Is anyone else using their photographic scenery with FSDT's LAS Scenery? I'm finding that the LAS exclude file is excluding the Hi-Res Photo scenery around the perimeter of the airport exposing the underlying mesh associated with the Photographic scenery. Anyone else finding this?

Thanks,
Nat

bradl

Hi,

Is anyone else using their photographic scenery with FSDT's LAS Scenery? I'm finding that the LAS exclude file is excluding the Hi-Res Photo scenery around the perimeter of the airport exposing the underlying mesh associated with the Photographic scenery. Anyone else finding this?

Thanks,
Nat

I am, and I'm finding this too. I was hoping that putting the HR scenery lower than the FSDT scenery would solve that, but I still see it. Also, in the BSS HR scenery, Gottfried built it when they were doing construction on taxiway A between A6 and A8. If you overfly the field, you can still partially see that with the FSDT scenery set higher. Doesn't make much of a difference, nor is it FSDT's problem, but just that it's there.

BL.

ESzczesniak

Interesting that you guys are seeing this.  I am not having that problem when using the BlueSky scenery.  Not sure what the difference is.

nat2004

Interesting that you guys are seeing this.  I am not having that problem when using the BlueSky scenery.  Not sure what the difference is.
Thats interesting. Could you post a screenshot? I've posted three below. The 1st shows the LAS exclude file excluding the HR textures and exposing the mesh associated with the BlueSky scenery. Shot 2 is exactly the same but this time with the LAS exclude file (EX_KLAS.BGL) disabled. As you can see we now have the HR textures back but as the exclude is disabled they also cover the entire airport scenery! (Shot3)
As BL said, im not blaming FSDT, as it is not there problem, was just wondering if it was a problem my end, or a more general problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Do you have KLAS on an higher priority in the Scenery Library (which is were the installer puts it anyway) ?

bradl

Mine is a little bit different. For me, FSDT is at #1in my scenery list. BSS HR and LR are at #33 and #34 respectively. My perimeter is fine, but it's just bits and pieces that show up for me. If you notice in the FSNav shot, they appear to be little pieces that show from the BSS Scenery: the construction between A7 and A8 and between the 25s, teardrop between 19L/R, square east of 19L, and a thin strip down by Executive.

The construction between A7 and A8 north of 25R is there after the trial ends as well. I also see a seam going north/south at C6, but that appears to already be noted. Another one appears around A3 as well, but that shows after the trial ends. Those aren't going to stop me from buying this. Great piece of work!

BL.

[attachment deleted by admin]

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The construction between A7 and A8 north of 25R is there after the trial ends as well.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the remark: you have posted two screenshots just to show that not *everything* is protected ? There's not just that small construction, many other objects stays after the Trial is ended. Is that a problem ?

Cereal Eater

Hey guys - just a thought:

Are you using the Acropolis.zip patch Mike posted? Could this have something to do with it? It looks like on the south side of the airport in the 1st & second screenshots there's a stair-step effect with the gound elevation.

bradl

The construction between A7 and A8 north of 25R is there after the trial ends as well.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the remark: you have posted two screenshots just to show that not *everything* is protected ? There's not just that small construction, many other objects stays after the Trial is ended. Is that a problem ?

No.. What I am wondering is if that is how the FULL INSTALLATION is going to be when I purchase it. I understand completely that it is a trial, but would the full version show those parts that aren't protected like the trial version is? If so, then either I am missing something, or the full version wouldn't be protected from anything underneath it at a lower priority in the scenery list.

How about this: Do you have a screenshot you could post to show what you have between A7 and A8?

BL.

Cereal Eater

Dude, the scenery is exactly the same in the trial version and the registered version. The only difference is it doesn't dissappear after 6 minutes or so. So why don't you just slew over to the area in question and take a look before it dissappears??

bradl

Re: Compatibility with BlueSkyScenery's Las Vegas Photographic scenery?
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 08:51:47 pm »
Dude, the scenery is exactly the same in the trial version and the registered version. The only difference is it doesn't dissappear after 6 minutes or so. So why don't you just slew over to the area in question and take a look before it dissappears??

I did. That's the third picture I put up. The last picture is the same area after FSDT disappears and the trial ends.. The BSS scenery is in that patch that the FSDT scenery isn't covering. Simple as that.

BL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Compatibility with BlueSkyScenery's Las Vegas Photographic scenery?
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 09:18:00 pm »
I did. That's the third picture I put up. The last picture is the same area after FSDT disappears and the trial ends.. The BSS scenery is in that patch that the FSDT scenery isn't covering. Simple as that.

I think you are missing a key thing, which should be obvious, considering how flight sim work.

When the Trial ends, the objects disappear, but the scenery is still active in the scenery library, the fact the the Trial ended, doesn't mean some part of the scenery are still active and excluding/being excluded, by the other sceneries around.

So, as others said, during the 6 minutes of Trial, the scenery will look exactly the same as when purchased but, if you want to check the scenery as if there was no scenery installed, you need to uninstall it, both because not ALL objects disappear, and because part of the scenery still effect the surroundings, even when the Trial time has elaspsed.