Author Topic: KLAS floating jetways and scenery layer  (Read 5103 times)

vegasjon

KLAS floating jetways and scenery layer
« on: June 05, 2018, 06:51:49 am »
Hi there!

i am experiencing the same issue as in many posts regarding the floating sceneries. I've been attempting to fixt it but so far nothing has worked. I applied the fixes and file patch that ORBX provided, downloaded and installed the most recent SOBE app, reinstalled the KLAS scenery app, ran ORBX Elevation tool a couple of times, but I still get the same result. Do you have any more suggestions for a fix?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAS floating jetways and scenery layer
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 04:32:05 pm »
As discussed in all other threads about this, whenever you see an elevation problem with KLAS, and you have something from OrbX installed, the issue it entirely unrelated to FSDT KLAS: the problem is caused by OrbX, and they made a fix for it.

There are NO OTHER ways you or we can fix this. The fix from OrbX doesn't change any of our files. It changes they own files. We even updated our Live Update to recognize the OrbX fix, so it won't be removed if run it, so there's just nothing else we can do and, as you can see on the OrbX forum, the problem is fixed, when you apply their latest fix correctly.

I don't know precisely what their AEC tool does, but a while ago it was reported that, although is advertised as a P3D4-compatible product, it wasn't updated to recognize sceneries installed in the proper P3D4 way: using the addon.xml instead of the legacy scenery.cfg method, so you had to add KLAS manually to the list of airports to be fixed.

Again, since the problem (or problems) is caused by OrbX addons, and they DID a fix for it, it's best you ask this question on OrbX forum.

mikestout

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 07:05:05 am »
Not sure where to put this. While KLAS loads my 738 at the gate mine and all UTL aircraft are positioned to far back for the gates to work. I have not flown into KLAS in a
while but, I don't remember this before. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 03:50:31 pm »
As explained so many times on the forum, whenever you see problems placing the airplane, it's never a fault of the airport, and it's always a conflict caused by another AFCAD coming from another product.

Usually, those offending sceneries are those supplied with AI Traffic products, like MyTraffic, which are supposed to be used only if you have the default airport, but will cause double objects and problems if you have an addon airport, so they must be removed.

Either find a .BGL file with a name that seems to be related to KLAS, or use the Simple Airport Scanner utility, to help you find conflicting files.

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

dbw

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 07:31:45 pm »
Just bought and installed this scenery today. Initially I had both elevation issues and floating gates. I went to the ORBX forum, found some relevant info, changed "bgl" to off where directed and now the elevation issues are gone. The "Compatibility" file reintroduced elevation issues so I removed it. That said the floating gates remain. If others who have encountered this and found a solution would share the info that would be great. Many thanks.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107872-sca-compatibility-with-fsdreamteam-klas/

Win 10, P3dV4.3, Megascenery Nevada 3.0, ORBX SCA.

Other than the floating gates this scenery looks very good.

Dave

dbw

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 04:37:51 pm »
Did another flight into KLAS and everything is back the way it was with elevation issues. Gates/jetways are still floating.
Dave

dbw

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 06:25:53 pm »
Follow-up:

Did another flight this morning and everything is perfect. I changed nothing since yesterday. No idea why things corrected themselves but I will not question it, LOL.
Even with the aggravations this is a very nice scenery.

Dave