Author Topic: KLAS SCENERY ISSUES **SOLVED**  (Read 15547 times)

bankheadd

KLAS SCENERY ISSUES **SOLVED**
« on: May 30, 2018, 05:22:32 am »
Just installed P3D4.2 with ORBX and then installed KLAS and I have in complete airport see pic?
[/URL][/img]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:04:35 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAS SCENERY ISSUES
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 09:04:30 am »
The problem is caused by the OrbX scenery. They have a fix on their forum:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107872-sca-compatibility-with-fsdreamteam-klas/

bankheadd

Re: KLAS SCENERY ISSUES **SOLVED**
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 12:56:51 am »
I don't have the following folder FTX_NA? I have the following files FTX_AU, FTX_OLC, FXT_VECTOR?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 09:50:51 pm »
I don't have the following folder FTX_NA? I have the following files FTX_AU, FTX_OLC, FXT_VECTOR?

I'm sorry but, I don't have any idea of the OrbX sceneries work. You really should contact OrbX about this. They made the scenery which cause the problem to KLAS, and they made the fix too.

stiarol

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 09:10:27 am »
You need to go into FTX Central, Settings, Configure FTX Global Vector. Once the new window opens, go to the Airport Elevation Corrections pane and in the Manual Configuration search for KLAS in the righthand serachbox. If an entry is found, press Disable. Now it should work as normal.
Note that this solution is only if you have FTX Global Vector Only, if you also have their FTX NA Socal the link above provided by Umberto should do the trick.

paradisca1

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 08:18:41 pm »
I just ran the Live Update (July-1-2019) and the three files that were previously set to .OFF extension to correct ORBX/FSDT KLAS compatibility were re enabled.
They are:
>>> in \fsdreamteam\KLAS\scenery
mesh_terrain.bgl  July-1-2019 NEEDED TO RENAME TO .OFF
CVX_KLAS.BGL  July-1-2019 NEEDED TO RENAME TO .OFF

July-1-2019 cvx_FTX-SCA_FSDT-KLAS_compatibility.BGL  MISSING RESTORED

Please correct this so I can run your update tool.

Thanks.

Steve Paradis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 11:49:38 pm »
Thanks for your report, this has been fixed now in the Live Update. Let me know if it works, because I don't have OrbX installed, so I made the fix "in the blind"...

bhorv67

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 03:40:05 pm »
Thanks for your report, this has been fixed now in the Live Update. Let me know if it works, because I don't have OrbX installed, so I made the fix "in the blind"...

I've had KLAS for some time, but was having some issue with ORBX for which caused me to verify all my ORBX files. When that ran, it 'undid' the changes I made in the ORBX folders and I had to go back and reset those modifications.
I also made the ORBX changes to the KLAS folder and then ran Live update afterwards. I noticed that Live updated removed the 2 files ORBX suggested to turn off. I now have some buildings missing as well as strange elevation issues I never had before.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 11:51:50 am »
I noticed that Live updated removed the 2 files ORBX suggested to turn off. I now have some buildings missing as well as strange elevation issues I never had before.

There's no difference whatsoever between removing and "turn off" so, the Live Update surely doesn't have caused this problem and, as I've said in my previous post, the Live Update DOES recognize the OrbX file and won't remove it.

The file from OrbX should be named:

cvx_FTX-SCA_FSDT-KLAS_compatibility.BGL

bhorv67

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 08:43:13 pm »
That is for sure what the file is named. Odd that I'm having these issues now. All the taxiway lines and signs are also gone.

Ralgh

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 09:56:13 pm »
I uninstalled then reinstalled my KLAS so it was above all the ORBX stuff in the Scenery list and that seems to have solved the problem. There may be an easier way to move KLAS up the list but I don't know how to do that with airports that use the XML method of installation.
Tom Landry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 03:56:12 pm »
There may be an easier way to move KLAS up the list but I don't know how to do that with airports that use the XML method of installation.

Lorby's Addon Organizer:

https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

allamet

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2021, 06:45:13 am »
I was able to fix P3d v4 Las Vegas scenery but not able to fix the scenery in P3d V5.1. I have a huge creater like a clift beside the runway. The fix doesn't resolve this. Any way to fix this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 01:24:37 pm »
I was able to fix P3d v4 Las Vegas scenery but not able to fix the scenery in P3d V5.1. I have a huge creater like a clift beside the runway. The fix doesn't resolve this. Any way to fix this?

As clearly indicated in this thread, when you see anything related to altitude at KLAS, it's nothing that has anything to do with our scenery, it's caused by OrbX, and it's fixed by files released by OrbX.

Nothing we can do about it, other than having our updater recognize the OrbX fixes ( it surely do ), so they are not removed if they are found.