Author Topic: Unable to Register products. Still in TRIAL Mode after key entered ** SOLVED **  (Read 12095 times)

AZWildk4t

I purchased most of my FSDreamTeam products when I had FSX. They all migrated well to P3Dv4. I've been flying from KPHX to/from KSFO (FSDreamTeam) without any issues. Yesterday, I flew into KDEN and noticed terrain issues. I reran AddOnManager without any problems. Now all my airports (FSDreamTeam and FlightBeam Studios) are all in TRIAL MODE. I proceed to enter my license KEY and nothing happens. No error message and activation of license. Everything remains in TRAIL mode.  

I also uninstalled KORD and redownloaded the product again. I added my license key and still the app is still in TRIAL mode. Please help.

Thanks,
Steve
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 03:24:34 am by AZWildk4t »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to Register products. Still in TRIAL Mode after key entered
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 11:14:45 pm »
If you don't see any buildings, the problem doesn't have anything to do with your activation. If the scenery requires a reactivation, it will NOT disappear, it will just revert in Trial mode, which means it will work in full, but only for 5-6 minutes per sessions.

If your scenery disappeared, it means something in your system has blocked the software from running. The most common case it's the antivirus so:

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

- Reinstall the scenery using only the latest installer on the site.

AZWildk4t

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 06:52:29 pm »
If you don't see any buildings, the problem doesn't have anything to do with your activation. If the scenery requires a reactivation, it will NOT disappear, it will just revert in Trial mode, which means it will work in full, but only for 5-6 minutes per sessions.

If your scenery disappeared, it means something in your system has blocked the software from running. The most common case it's the antivirus so:

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

- Reinstall the scenery using only the latest installer on the site.

Thanks Umberto but I have already done what you suggested (disable AV, delete and reinstall, etc.) multiple times and still the scenery will not activate. It has happened with all my FSDreamTeam and Flightbeam Studios scenarios, which I have a lot. KORD, KDEN, KSFO, KPHX, KIAD, KIAH, KLAS, KLAX. No GSX menu either.

I'll post a video of what's happening.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 09:17:58 pm »

No need to. The lack of the GSX and Couatl menus are more than enough to understand the problem, which is the Couatl program not started.

As I've said, the most common cause for Couatl not starting, is the antivirus blocking it so, again, be absolutely sure you configured it correctly. Another possible cause, excluding the antivirus which is by far the most common case, is a problem with one of the VC++ runtime libraries in your system, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

AZWildk4t

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 10:54:47 pm »

No need to. The lack of the GSX and Couatl menus are more than enough to understand the problem, which is the Couatl program not started.

As I've said, the most common cause for Couatl not starting, is the antivirus blocking it so, again, be absolutely sure you configured it correctly. Another possible cause, excluding the antivirus which is by far the most common case, is a problem with one of the VC++ runtime libraries in your system, as explained here:

Thanks. AV is turned off and my entire "E" drive is listed in the exceptions list. "E" drive is where all my flight sim stuff is installed. I'll refer to the link you provided to see if that will resolve the issue.

I've attached my screenshots of my exclusions and AV turned off:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 09:17:48 am »
Thanks. AV is turned off and my entire "E" drive is listed in the exceptions list. "E" drive is where all my flight sim stuff is installed.

Are you sure you installed GSX under that drive, meaning you changed the default, which is C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager ?

AZWildk4t

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 05:11:11 pm »
Thanks. AV is turned off and my entire "E" drive is listed in the exceptions list. "E" drive is where all my flight sim stuff is installed.

Are you sure you installed GSX under that drive, meaning you changed the default, which is C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager ?

Yes. I am certain.

I am going to uninstall all the FSDreamteam products and then re-install them again with AV off. I'll let you know what I find.

AZWildk4t

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 03:38:36 am »

I removed AddOnManager, GSX, and all FSDreamteam airports. I deleted the Addon Manager folder, the airport folders from my Documents folder, and rebooted the computer. I then turned off AV and installed KORD and Addon Manager. I selected Addon Manager from the P3DV4 menu and entered my registration key for KORD. Nothing changes. I still only see the jetways and no buildings. 

I've attached screenshots on what I did. What do I try next? 

wjmt

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 12:21:34 pm »
I have the same AV program.  I wonder if Trend Micron is the problem.
What do you think Umberto?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 09:38:16 pm »

As I've said in my previous message, the lack of the GSX and Couatl menus are more than enough to understand the problem, which is the Couatl program not started.

The most common cause for Couatl not starting, is the antivirus blocking it so, again, be absolutely sure you configured it correctly. Another possible cause, excluding the antivirus which is by far the most common case, is a problem with one of the VC++ runtime libraries in your system, as explained here:

If you are SURE you uninstalled/reinstalled all the required VC++ libraries, then we can only go back to the antivirus.

Really, there are no other reasons why the program couldn't start.

AZWildk4t

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 12:38:28 am »

As I've said in my previous message, the lack of the GSX and Couatl menus are more than enough to understand the problem, which is the Couatl program not started.

The most common cause for Couatl not starting, is the antivirus blocking it so, again, be absolutely sure you configured it correctly. Another possible cause, excluding the antivirus which is by far the most common case, is a problem with one of the VC++ runtime libraries in your system, as explained here:

If you are SURE you uninstalled/reinstalled all the required VC++ libraries, then we can only go back to the antivirus.

Thanks Umberto. I see 3 other tickets submitted recently with similar issues. I think they have tried to uninstall & reinstall VC++ and turn off A/V. I took my computer to one who specializes in fixing stuff like this. They are going to clean out the bad registry entries and delete TrendMicro AV and then try the re-install and registration again. I won't hear from them until tomorrow so I'll post an update then.

wjmt

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 01:28:16 am »
AZWild,  my similar problem is solved.  It was caused by Trend Micron.  Asper Umberto, I am just using MS defender, and now COualt and GSX are running like before.

AZWildk4t

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 02:58:12 am »
AZWild,  my similar problem is solved.  It was caused by Trend Micron.  Asper Umberto, I am just using MS defender, and now COualt and GSX are running like before.

Thanks for the intel. There must have been a recent update to Trend Micro that caused this.

AZWildk4t

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2018, 03:23:46 am »

Well after a week of extreme frustration I finally fixed this issue. I first took my computer to Data Doctors to have them do a complete virus scan and uninstall Trend Micro. After a day and 1/2 then were unable to get this software working. I was about ready to give up when I decided to change the COUATL to Run As Administrator. Well that solved the problem. Now it recognizes the scenery and activated it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 10:11:34 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2018, 10:13:48 am »
I was about ready to give up when I decided to change the COUATL to Run As Administrator. Well that solved the problem. Now it recognizes the scenery and activated it.

Couatl doesn't require to run As Administrator normally, since it's a fully compliant UAC application, which doesn't try to use any of the system folders, and the GSX installer properly set up all the correct file permissions for our own folder.

If you had to run it As Administrator, it means there was some problem with your user account or the file permissions on your hard drive. And yes, antivirus can possibly affect this.