Author Topic: Concourse D  (Read 9776 times)

deltamike172

Concourse D
« on: June 04, 2009, 06:58:09 pm »
I bought this scenery primarily for the up-do-dateness of Concourse D, however, there appear to be some issues. 

1 - There is a lack of taxiway markings around the newest gates D50-58.  Do any of the new AFCADs fix this?  Is this a texture issue in the actual scenery?

2 - There are blue above ground taxi lights surrounding Hold pad 4 between taxiway C and the middle of D concourses.  Aircraft enter this area to hold, so there should not be any above ground lights blocking it.  The charts depict two 50 foot light poles on the southern edge of the pad.  There are also above ground taxi lights surrounding hold pad 3.

3 - There is a distinct lack of 3d objects (fences, cars/baggage carts, light poles) on the northwest corner of the D ramp, and corresponds to the lack of taxiways markings noted in 1.  Do you have any plans to update that area of the airport?

Thanks,
Dan

wideloadwhitford

Re: Concourse D
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 10:51:19 pm »
You do know that they live in Europe right? :-\
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

deltamike172

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 06:43:56 am »
Then how do you explain the rest of the airport?

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 07:09:10 am »
Skill.......

Its not like they have a photo every single photo of EVERY SINGLE TAXIWAY, Like I said earlier, if you spend that much time looking at Taxiway lights and other objects then I think you need a new hobby.
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

bradl

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 05:21:10 pm »
Skill.......

Its not like they have a photo every single photo of EVERY SINGLE TAXIWAY, Like I said earlier, if you spend that much time looking at Taxiway lights and other objects then I think you need a new hobby.

Yes, they do. It's called Google Maps/Google Earth. That gives them a TON to work on, in great detail. Granted, the shots from Google Earth aren't completely current, but it helps them out tremendously. They've even mentioned that they've used that as a base for their scenery.

In short, why should they have photos of every single bit of that airport, when someone else has already taken it for them?  ;)

BL.

deltamike172

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 04:10:08 pm »
On any airport charts, including the free FAA charts, they are clearly noted as HOLD PADS which are meant for aircraft to enter them to "hold" for thier gate to open, their EDCT time, or just as overnight ramp space.  These should not have raised lights around them.

I understand that there isn't much new material for the new extension of the D gates that I speak of, but it would be nice to have a taxiway line that goes all the way around the terminal. 

dan

bradl

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 09:27:50 pm »
On any airport charts, including the free FAA charts, they are clearly noted as HOLD PADS which are meant for aircraft to enter them to "hold" for thier gate to open, their EDCT time, or just as overnight ramp space.  These should not have raised lights around them.

I understand that there isn't much new material for the new extension of the D gates that I speak of, but it would be nice to have a taxiway line that goes all the way around the terminal. 

dan

I agree, a taxiway line would be nice, except for one small thing. There isn't one yet! :) The extension you're thinking of (which will be the E gates, btw) is still under construction and because of that, there isn't the room for it to go completely around the D gates. Initially, they weren't even going to do that! But it is going to happen soon; from the Google Maps shot, they just had completed the pavement behind the D gates there to barely be able to taxi back behind there. Obviously now it is a lot further advanced.

The holding pads have been there for ages (with the exception of the one that was where Taxiway R is now, north of A2). There's a lot of development happening at KLAS right now, that FSDT wouldn't be able to completely keep up; case in point, KLAS being released shortly after they reopened 25L/7R, and making taxiway A3 from that runway a highspeed instead of a full 90 degree corner. FSDT will catch up, in due time.

BL.

st george

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 03:00:18 am »
Need any info on McCarran? Ask away, as I work there at nights and am one of the few with an movement area licence so I should be able to answer any questions ;)

bradl

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 04:41:54 am »
Need any info on McCarran? Ask away, as I work there at nights and am one of the few with an movement area licence so I should be able to answer any questions ;)

Sure. Have any pictures or info on the new highspeed taxiway A3? NACO just issued the new cycle for the charts, and it shows the new taxiway. I'm sure FSDT could use that.

BL.

st george

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 05:27:41 am »
No pictures yet. A7 is also a high speed taxiway now though.

RVG458

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 08:55:02 am »
See my post about the holding pad lights from a few days ago. Hate to be the guy counting lights but they shouldn't be raised. No big deal, im sure it will be fixed when the update comes out for the construction.

st george

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 04:24:48 pm »
Yes you are correct. the holding pads do not have lights. Raised or lowered.