Author Topic: every FSDT product had to be reactivated  (Read 6000 times)

fordaholic

Re: every FSDT product had to be reactivated
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2019, 06:38:31 pm »
I having to deal with this after the latest update. What a cluster#$%. Can I bill you for having to reinstall EVERY fsdreamteam product I own which is 11 of them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: every FSDT product had to be reactivated
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 03:41:36 pm »
I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to say here. The products won't deactivate themselves for no reason. They deactivate:

- if you change hardware

- if you reinstall Windows

- if one of your drivers has been updated and for some reason is reporting to windows a different hardware id (it shouldn't, it's usually a driver bug).

As explained, so many times already, we don't have any control or any knowledge on the hardware detection system, it's a black box for us. If Esellerate is telling our software you changed your hardware, we don't know how Esellerate had decided you have. And it goes backwards up to the chain too: if one of your drivers for some reason has reported to Windows a different hardware id, Esellerate will believe it, and so our software. It's not as if we tried to do hardware detection on our own: that would be very tricky to do and we obviously left it to a tested product.