Author Topic: future plans  (Read 3980 times)

Michael1

future plans
« on: May 26, 2019, 07:09:11 pm »
I was wondering if there are any plans in the pipeline to do LIRF? I have one by another software company, but it is not really that functional I have modified what I could with GSX, but some of the features are .bgl files and damn near impossible to remove.

Michael1

Re: future plans
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 08:48:21 pm »
was this the wrong forum?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 12:28:50 am »
I'm not sure what do you mean with "wrong" forum. You open a thread named "future plans", and we have been discussed what they are so many times. I'll repeat them again, these are the airports currently in development and our future plans:

Chicago O'hare KORD V2
Basel LFSB
Pittsburgh KPIT
KJFK Remake
KLAX Remake

Just the two remakes will probably take 2-3 years to complete, so I think this answers your question, which of course was already answered in many other threads about future plans.

Michael1

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 12:51:55 am »
 :o point taken.

mark767

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 02:08:57 pm »

Just the two remakes will probably take 2-3 years to complete, so I think this answers your question, which of course was already answered in many other threads about future plans.

Just wow, I know so little about software development, remake to me is like slap a fresh coat of paint on it and you are done in 2 or 3 weeks/months.  2 to 3 years sounds like a full rebuild from the ground up. I admire you commitment to such a big project.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 08:30:15 am »
2 to 3 years sounds like a full rebuild from the ground up. I admire you commitment to such a big project

That's exactly what it is. Like our upcoming KORD V2. We haven't saved anything from the old version, because it was designed with technology made for FSX in 2008. It has lived on for 10 years, so it's worth rebuilding it from scratch.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 07:05:14 am »
2 to 3 years sounds like a full rebuild from the ground up. I admire you commitment to such a big project

That's exactly what it is. Like our upcoming KORD V2. We haven't saved anything from the old version, because it was designed with technology made for FSX in 2008. It has lived on for 10 years, so it's worth rebuilding it from scratch.

I noticed KDFW wasn’t on the list. That might be a 5 year from now item, along with FLL?

DreamSkywards

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 09:31:35 pm »

I noticed KDFW wasn’t on the list. That might be a 5 year from now item, along with FLL?

If we go by how old sceneries are, KDFW and KFLL aren't even as old as Zurich and Geneva. 9 and 10 years vs 12 and 11 respectively.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 03:01:07 pm »

As I've said in my previous reply: