Author Topic: every FSDT product had to be reactivated  (Read 5943 times)

Tozzifan

every FSDT product had to be reactivated
« on: May 23, 2018, 12:14:53 pm »
Hello,

without touching anything since yesterday (the only system events were a very short windows 7 and an automatic ATCXPRO update), today - upon loading a p3dv41 flight - a series of dialogs stated that all FSDT products had to be reactivated - no crashes or faults happened

for feedback

« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:21:59 pm by Tozzifan »
I7-4790 / 1080ti / 32Gb / Creative Fatal1ty / trackIr5 / HOTAS Warthog / 3D vision / OculusCV1 / Saitek Rudder & Trim / CH Quadrant
win7-64 : P3dv44
win10 : P3Dv44 + OculusCV1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: every FSDT product had to be reactivated
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 06:23:18 pm »
As explained many times on the forum, we don't have the slightest control over the hardware change detection, because it goes like this:

- We ask Esellerate if your hardware has changed, we don't even *try* to do that ourselves.

- The Esellerate library asks to Windows if your hardware has changed

- Windows check your drivers to calculated an hardware id.

It's possible that, after a Windows update, a driver might have triggered an hardware change. However, that doesn't necessarily mean you "consumed" an activation, because Esellerate can detect if it was the same hardware which was updated, or a new PC entirely.

So, there's nothing to worry.

Tozzifan

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 09:23:55 pm »
thanks

a hardware detection issue did not come to my mind, so I did not search in that direction as well
I7-4790 / 1080ti / 32Gb / Creative Fatal1ty / trackIr5 / HOTAS Warthog / 3D vision / OculusCV1 / Saitek Rudder & Trim / CH Quadrant
win7-64 : P3dv44
win10 : P3Dv44 + OculusCV1

ikarus2010

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 09:22:59 pm »
I didn't use my FSX PC about 6 months and may be this post is refering to the same problem  I encounter now with all my beautiful fsdt sceneries (LSZH LSGG PHNL Hawaii 1 and 2). Before they worked without any problem.
Now after windows has installed many updates in the meantime I notice that
a)all these sceneries do not show airport buildings anymore
b)the addon manager has disappeared. I downloaded and installed the newest one
c)the addon manager shows now that all my fsdt sceneries  are in trial mode.
d)I started to reinstall the newest LSZH scenery but even I inserted the correct key no buildings of LSZH appear. 

Any help to solve this problem would be very much appreciated

Best regards

Alfred 

AZWildk4t

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 09:27:02 pm »
I didn't use my FSX PC about 6 months and may be this post is refering to the same problem  I encounter now with all my beautiful fsdt sceneries (LSZH LSGG PHNL Hawaii 1 and 2). Before they worked without any problem.
Now after windows has installed many updates in the meantime I notice that
a)all these sceneries do not show airport buildings anymore
b)the addon manager has disappeared. I downloaded and installed the newest one
c)the addon manager shows now that all my fsdt sceneries  are in trial mode.
d)I started to reinstall the newest LSZH scenery but even I inserted the correct key no buildings of LSZH appear. 

Any help to solve this problem would be very much appreciated

Best regards

Alfred 

I have the same issue. I stopped any additional Windows updates. I cannot get the registration code to take effect. I enter the code and it re-initializes the airport but still no buildings except for the jetways. I logged a ticket in the forum but no response yet.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 11:10:46 pm »
The two posts don't have anything to do with this thread subject, which discuss a reactivation request.

If you don't see any buildings, the problem doesn't have anything to do with your activation. If the scenery requires a reactivation, it will NOT disappear, it will just revert in Trial mode, which means it will work in full, but only for 5-6 minutes per sessions.

If your scenery disappeared, it means something in your system has blocked the software from running. The most common case it's the antivirus so:

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

- Reinstall the scenery using only the latest installer on the site.

ikarus2010

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 09:36:09 am »
Hi Umberto, thanks for immediate reply!
Actually I have done as you instructed: downloaded the latest LSZH scenery, downloaded the latest Addon Manager, I have disabled the antivirus during installation of these 2 programs. But LSZH remains in Trial mode and no buildings are visible at all. During the reactivation (=reinstalling) of LSZH. the dialog box says I have to insert the key. ok I have done it then the dialog box disappears and takes no action to reactivate the scenery to make the buildings visible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 10:50:13 am »
But LSZH remains in Trial mode and no buildings are visible at all.

As I've said in my previous post, iIf you don't see any buildings, the problem doesn't have anything to do with your activation.

If the scenery requires a reactivation, it will NOT disappear, it will just revert in Trial mode, which means it will work in full, but only for 5-6 minutes per sessions.

If your scenery disappeared, it means something in your system has blocked the software from running. The most common case it's the antivirus so:

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning. You MUST do this. Just turning off the antivirus might not be enough and it's not even usually required.

- Reinstall the scenery using only the latest installer on the site.

ikarus2010

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 11:39:14 am »
HI Umberto,
Further to my reply of today 29.5.18.08.36.09 the problem with my  fsdt sceneries reinstalling efforts becomes even more weird. I have again uninstalled LSZH and also the Addon Manager then reinstalled both again in D/FSX. The Addon Mgr and the Zurich scenerie reside now in the rootfolder of my FSX. Very strange, the Addon Manager now doesn't even show on the table bar of the running FSX!?
What to do??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 02:25:56 pm »
The Addon Mgr and the Zurich scenerie reside now in the rootfolder of my FSX.

By default, the current version of our installers will not suggest installing into the root of the sim. So, with the current version of the installer, the only possible reason why they ended up there, is because you told that, by manually browsing the FSX root folder when installing.

If, instead, they ended up there automatically, it's very likely that you mistakenly installed using an outdated installer, one made before last year, when we still used to install "Into" the sim. This would also explain why you don't have the menus.

To redo everything  and start from scratch:

- Uninstall everything from FSDT and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager"

- Reinstall everything using ONLY the current version of the installers. Do not use an older installer you might have downloaded in the past.

- If you have the QW757, since its installer hasn't been updated to the new installation standard (outside the sim), you MUST install that one first, before all the others.

ikarus2010

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 05:40:00 pm »
Hi Umberto,
I have now uninstalled all FSDT products (LSZH, PHNL Hawaii1 and 2 and the Addon Manager. Before I continue acc. your suggestions, please answer me the following questions:

a)you say FSDT products should not be installed into the rootfolder of FSX but why does the FSDT dialogbox still let us simmers chose between programm86 and and another path, i.e. the folder of FSX? Normally addons are installed into FSX and not into programm86.  And my FSX is on D/

b)you mention "newest installer".  Do you mean with newest "installer" the newest FSDT sceneries,  and the newest stand alone Addon manager downloadable from your site? ( the "installer" resides in the sceneries, and are not separate, ok?)

upon your reply I shall continue to install from scratch

thanks a lot!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 06:01:42 pm »
a)you say FSDT products should not be installed into the rootfolder of FSX but why does the FSDT dialogbox still let us simmers chose between programm86 and and another path, i.e. the folder of FSX?

Because it correctly let you the freedom to install whenever you want, for example on another drive. Users have been asking for ages the ability to install inside any folder they like, now it's there. Not really "now"...it's there since last year.

And, it's not that you CANNOT choose the FSX folder. It's just that, now that you can install everywhere, the FSX folder is probably the worse possible choice.

But you said it was "strange" the installation went into FSX. It's not strange: YOU told it to do so, since if you say it offered a choice, it means you are using the latest installer, then one that lets you choose the folder so, you chose, and you chose FSX. Why "strange", then ? It did what you told.

Normally addons are installed into FSX and not into programm86.  And my FSX is on D/

There's no "rule" that says an addon must be installed inside FSX: if it's designed to be installed anywhere, it CAN be installed anywhere. Of course, it must START with a default so, the "C:\Program Files x86\Addon Manager" is the most standard one, so it's the most sensible choice, unless you don't have enough space on C:, in that case, you would choose D:\Addon Manager, E:\Addon Manager, etc.

The place where FSX is installed into is entirely irrelevant. If can be installed anywhere.

b)you mention "newest installer".  Do you mean with newest "installer" the newest FSDT sceneries,  and the newest stand alone Addon manager downloadable from your site? ( the "installer" resides in the sceneries, and are not separate, ok?)

It means the only one available on our site, which is always the newest one. The Stand-Alone Addon Manager is not required, because it's included with all the installers.

I only asked, because it wasn't clear from your message about the "scenery ending up inside FSX", as it was by accident so, I asked because, if it went there automatically, it means you used an OLDER installer (one that didn't let you choose, and always installed INTO FSX automatically) but, if you had an installer that let you choose, and it ended up inside the FSX folder, it's only because you said so.

But my previous message, already included everything you needed to do to reinstall, which was:

- Uninstall everything from FSDT and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager"

- Reinstall everything using ONLY the current version of the installers. Do not use an older installer you might have downloaded in the past.

The "reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" is important, and is what allows you to Undo your past choice of installing INTO FSX, which (although it works), is not the best option.

ikarus2010

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 07:11:48 pm »
Umberto, your support is fantastic with a fantastic speed, however, I am now totally confused. I started from scratch, downloaded and installed the newest LSZH scenery. The scenery is now residing in C programm86 as well shown as Nr. 1 in the FSX library but still there are no buildings visible at all.  For my understanding how can it be shown, as there is now no fsdt menue in the Addon Manager in the table bar visible in the running FSX. Before I had to reinstall the scenery by inserting the key, but now I can not do it. You said it is no more necessary to install the stand alone addon manager, as it is included in the scenery. But it does not work.

Im am sorry to trouble you but I don't know what to do now to reinstall all my fsdt sceneries.

ikarus2010

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 08:39:52 pm »
Hi Umberto,

The situation has changed completely! All works fine now. The reason was the problem with the old Qwings B757 file. I installed the newest Addon Manager and the newest QW B757 and now the LSZH buildings are all now visible. Now I need to download all other FSDT sceneries.
Thanks a lot for your help

Best regards

Alfred

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 09:00:42 pm »
The reason was the problem with the old Qwings B757 file.

Yes, as I've said in my previous message, the QW757 must be installed before anything else, because it uses the old style module installed in the root of the sim, resulting in the module installed twice and sceneries not working.

Any one of the new installers, when run after the QW757, will fix it.