Author Topic: Duplicate towers at KLAX - checked AFCADs  (Read 2399 times)

selcal77

Duplicate towers at KLAX - checked AFCADs
« on: May 23, 2018, 01:35:33 am »
Hi there,

On loading a flight at LAX today, I noticed there are two towers showing. One of them I'm assuming is the default, and the other is the FSDT object. Curiously, this has suddenly become a problem today, even though I've had the scenery installed for years. I don't have any other scenery installed in the LA area, and I don't have MyTraffic (or any other traffic add-ons) installed. I've run scruffyduck's scenery tool, which finds only one entry for KLAX (being the FSDT one). Before noticing the issue, I had just run the couatl updater tool.

I also did a search for 'KLAX' in the FSX folder - the only bgl files that came up were those in the FSDT folder.

I have also moved the FSDT KLAX scneery to the top layer in the scenery library, to no avail. I've read all the previous posts I could find on the topic, and all refer to duplicate afcads which I don't have. If someone is able to offer any suggestions I'd be grateful.

Simulator is FSX (Deluxe boxed edition) with acceleration.

Not sure what other information might be relevant but if any additional details needed please let me know,

regards,

selcal77

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Duplicate towers at KLAX - checked AFCADs
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 06:54:01 am »
 What other scenery do you have?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Duplicate towers at KLAX - checked AFCADs
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 10:43:02 am »
I've run scruffyduck's scenery tool, which finds only one entry for KLAX (being the FSDT one).

That tool only finds airport (AFCAD), but it cannot find other non-airport files which might still add conflicting objects. And, sometimes it doesn't find all conflicts, so you must find them manually.