Author Topic: User Aircraft Shadows note appearing  (Read 3792 times)

CM1924

User Aircraft Shadows note appearing
« on: May 22, 2018, 11:43:32 pm »
I recently installed KDFW from FSDT, and everything is working great except that my own aircraft won't cast a shadow on the ground.  The AI aircraft (using Ultimate Traffic Live) all project shadows fine, but it's just the user aircraft.  This is the same on the tarmac, taxiways as well as runways. 

I double checked and all shadow options are enabled, so I was wondering if there's a setting somewhere in the Addon manager I missed perhaps?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: User Aircraft Shadows note appearing
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 11:46:16 pm »
You don't say which simulator you use, which is important in this case.

CM1924

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 04:36:32 am »
Indeed, major fail on my part...

I'm using FSX deluxe boxed edition with Acceleration.  All using Ultimate Traffic Live with UTX scenery packages (KDFW is still on top in the priority list of that matters)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 10:44:11 am »
Is the "aircraft cast shadow on ground" option enabled ? If yes, please indicate all the following:

- the airplane used

- the gate where you see this

CM1924

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 04:40:19 pm »
Yes, the box  to cast aircraft shadows on ground is ticked.  The plane is the 757-200 from POSKY.  I can confirm that the plane casts shadows on other airports, just not KDFW.  I started at Parking Cargo Ramp 19, but there were no shadows on the taxiway, runway, or any other parts of the tarmac either.  Again, I double checked at Houston and Tampa and the shadows worked fine there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 06:31:44 pm »
Yes, the box  to cast aircraft shadows on ground is ticked. 

Ok, then there's nothing left to do, and everything is ok. It's just the way the scenery is made, which use 100% native FSX code, even for ground polygons, and in some places, it's raised from ground to prevent ground flickering, that other sceneries using slow FS8 code wouldn't have.

But, are you sure it happens everywhere in the airport ?

CM1924

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 08:32:11 pm »
Yes, I'm afraid it persists throughout the whole airport.  And it's just the user aircraft.  The AI aircraft spawned in all cast shadows. 

In the end it's not a deal breaker, because I mostly wanted the scenery for Terminal D, but still, it's a bit disappointing.