Author Topic: addon manager crash on exit p3d 4.2 **SOLVED**  (Read 38178 times)

mefisssto

Re: addon manager crash on exit p3d 4.2 **SOLVED**
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2018, 03:03:24 pm »
Hi guys,

I uninstaled all fsdt products and deleted all folders including addon manager and than I instaled again all products, since than, no crashes. Just try, good luck.

mefisssto

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2018, 03:39:19 pm »
Again, I can only confirm the API.DLL is fixed in the latest Update. I suggest waiting also for the next P3D patch, because it's possible this might be caused by a bug in the 4.2 version of the SDK.

lodestar

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2018, 10:48:42 pm »
i'm still getting this crash on exit every time if i enable any FSDT product. I am on Windows 7 64bit. The P3d V4.3 is just around the corner, hopefully this is going to fix it

Sabretooth78

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2018, 06:01:35 am »
Continuing to get these errors myself, probably 90% of P3D exits and today I had a "quiet" CTD that actually did leave a log in Event Viewer (usually it doesn't leave one of those) quoting API.dll as the culprit.  Will advise once 4.3 comes out.  I might just have to stick with the Aerosoft Buses in FSX for the mean time.

We're probably close enough to release that it won't be a big issue, but is there any way to get a hold of the pre-May versions with which these issues didn't seem to happen?

p3dx3

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2018, 04:48:20 pm »
I deleted the addon manager directory

removed all the addon folders for gsx and fsdt products

and ran the installers again after virtuali said they fixed it

I do not crash on exit. I am using windows 10

clarifying you should download the latest installers again after uninstalling the files

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:32:14 am by 413x3 »

Sabretooth78

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2018, 11:33:40 pm »
I deleted the addon manager directory
<snip>
clarifying you should download the latest installers again after uninstalling the files

I did all of the above at least twice but with no favorable result - running Win7 x64.  Maybe the OS?  Or maybe your mileage varies.  Either way it's not too much of a yank to wait for 4.3 if that does indeed solve the problem universally.  Still makes me wonder why it suddenly went bad in 4.2 and a rollback was not available, but whatever.

p3dx3

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2018, 05:15:57 pm »
P3D upgraded to 4.3 and random ctd, nvidia divice hung errors, p3d disappearing, is back! Liveupdate ran as admin so I have the latest gsx and other updates. But P3D is not stable, again. I am removing all fsdt products and trying next week if that brings stability back

p3dx3

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2018, 05:51:09 pm »
The frozen moonwalking marshaller is back. The gsx version for p3d4.3 feels like a step back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2018, 01:50:24 pm »
I can't see any "frozen" marshaller, no ctd, no pauses, no freezes and P3D 4.3 is very stable, and it's probably the best version to use GSX with.

Of course, if your system has issues like video driver problems (nvidia divice hung errors), usually caused by wrong settings, wrong tweaks, too high settings, etc. the sim will suffer and, of course, if the sim has issues, all addons that goes with it will not work well, including GSX.

p3dx3

« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2018, 05:32:43 pm »
I can't see any "frozen" marshaller, no ctd, no pauses, no freezes and P3D 4.3 is very stable, and it's probably the best version to use GSX with.

Of course, if your system has issues like video driver problems (nvidia divice hung errors), usually caused by wrong settings, wrong tweaks, too high settings, etc. the sim will suffer and, of course, if the sim has issues, all addons that goes with it will not work well, including GSX.

Like last time I had crashes, removing GSX and all FSDT products my P3D 4.2 was stable able to fly 2-3 long hauls without ever quitting the sim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2018, 07:23:20 pm »
Like last time I had crashes, removing GSX and all FSDT products my P3D 4.2 was stable able to fly 2-3 long hauls without ever quitting the sim.

We demoed GSX boarding/deboarding passengers (so it was doing even more than the curent release version) to the LasVegas Flightsimexpo for 10 hours at day, with not a single crash, to hundreds of people so no, it's not GSX.

There's a thread about crashes when flying, which some users assumed to be caused by GSX, but that's only because GSX constantly reads the nearby airports and navaids, but it's the SIM itself which is crashing, because of problems in the navigation database and, in one case, one of the affected users reported it was caused by having updated the navigation database with a 3rd party addon, and THAT was the real cause. The only thing GSX does, is to call a function provided by the sim to read that data so, clearly, it's the sim that gets confused by itself when calling its own function.

Just to indicate an example of a crash that you can be easily mislead is "caused" by GSX (because "it goes away without GSX"), when in fact the real cause is something else.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 07:25:09 pm by virtuali »

Cruachan

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2018, 01:35:22 am »
Hi Umberto,

I've now moved up to Prepar3D v4.3 (Client, Content and Scenery) and, sadly, I'm afraid the problem is still there!!

The reported error is different, however, in that the faulting module is now ntdll.dll
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 01:41:54 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2018, 01:41:36 am »
I've now moved up to Prepar3D v4.3 (Client, Content and Scenery) and, sadly, I'm afraid the problem is still there!!

No, it's not.

The reported error is different, however, in that the faulting module is now ntdll.dll

That's why I say it's not.

This thread was about the API.DLL crash on exit, which wasn't visible, unless you went into the Windows Event Viewer. That's the only kind of crash on exit that has been discussed here, and that IS fixed, because I could reproduce it 100% of the times, asked LM for help, found the cause, and released a fix.

Your report is a totally different issue, so it's very confusing have it posted here, in a thread that has already been marked as solved, because IT IS solved.

So, please, post a new thread, with a proper title, such as "ntdll crash" and describe your error. I'm quite sure the problem is NOT GSX, please read my previous reply about a possibly corrupted navigation database, which would make the sim crash when asking the sim about it.

But please, don't reply here, and open a new thread. If it's ok for you, we might also arrange a Teamviewer session early next week, so I could have a look at your system.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 01:44:56 am by virtuali »

Cruachan

« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2018, 10:24:40 am »
Hi Umberto,

Okay, I take your point and can only apologise for inadvertently introducing some confusion into this thread. However, and to be fair, the title of the thread only mentions “addon Manager crash on exit p3d 4.2”. There is no mention of api.dll although the thread did focus on this faulting module and you found a solution which, and unfortunately, was not mirrored on my system and those of several others who have posted.

As I stated, I have moved on to Prepar3D v4.3 in the earnest hope that the api.dll issue was resolved and, indeed, that does appear to have been the case as my crashes on exit of the sim no longer implicate this file but, instead, that of another. So, I submit to that extent at least, my post regarding faulting module ntdll.dll remains perfectly valid within the context of this thread. Okay, perhaps I’m being overly pedantic but, hopefully, you see where I’m coming from and why I felt it was reasonable, in the first instance, to continue posting in this thread.

Your kind offer to involve me in a TeamViewer session sounds interesting. I have no experience of using this facility so some guidance will be needed. Should I go ahead and install the TeamViewer App and what information is needed to facilitate your access to my PC? I reside in Scotland, UK. Perhaps we should continue this conversation via PM?

Meantime, I’ll try uninstalling/reinstalling GSX and see whether this makes any difference.

Best regards,
Mike
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 10:26:27 am by Cruachan »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2018, 08:49:30 am »
There is no mention of api.dll although the thread did focus on this faulting module and you found a solution which, and unfortunately, was not mirrored on my system and those of several others who have posted.

Nobody that posted here said they STILL have the API.DLL crash on Exit. Some said that after our fix, there were no crash on exit anymore, some said they had OTHER crashes, like nvida device hung etc, and of course, none of these crashes have been proven to be caused by GSX.

Our fix fixes ONLY the one crash which WAS caused by GSX, and it was the API.DLL crash on exit. It doesn't magically fix every other crash of the sim not caused by our software.

So, I submit to that extent at least, my post regarding faulting module ntdll.dll remains perfectly valid within the context of this thread. Okay, perhaps I’m being overly pedantic but, hopefully, you see where I’m coming from and why I felt it was reasonable, in the first instance, to continue posting in this thread.

I don't agree with you, but that's not the issue.

Your kind offer to involve me in a TeamViewer session sounds interesting. I have no experience of using this facility so some guidance will be needed. Should I go ahead and install the TeamViewer App and what information is needed to facilitate your access to my PC? I reside in Scotland, UK. Perhaps we should continue this conversation via PM?

Yes, of course we should.