Author Topic: Addon Manager Not Showing Up FSX  (Read 8411 times)

jordanpowell101

Re: Addon Manager Not Showing Up FSX
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 10:22:07 pm »
yes the cache regeneration completed. there was no error

Does it mean you saw the message "Airport cache loaded successfully" at the end ? If yes, this means GSX is working normally.

GSX works normally that’s not the problem. the problem is that there are no buildings at all even though fsx says the airport cache regeneration is complete. and this only happens (the buildings not showing) whenever i load a previous flight. if i start a new one everything is fine. i don’t understand what is happening.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2018, 09:57:13 am »
You haven't replied to my question. Does it mean you saw the message "Airport cache loaded successfully" at the end ?

jordanpowell101

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 07:52:17 am »
You haven't replied to my question. Does it mean you saw the message "Airport cache loaded successfully" at the end ?
yes i see that message

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 01:44:01 pm »
yes i see that message

Then I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm that, if during a session were you saw the "Airport cache loaded successfully", the only possible reason why you don't see the GSX menu, is a key conflict.

Could be you disabled all messages from GSX with the Verbosity slider ? Maybe GSX is trying to tell you something, but you cannot see it, because you disabled all the warnings.

jordanpowell101

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 08:32:13 pm »
yes i see that message

Then I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm that, if during a session were you saw the "Airport cache loaded successfully", the only possible reason why you don't see the GSX menu, is a key conflict.

Could be you disabled all messages from GSX with the Verbosity slider ? Maybe GSX is trying to tell you something, but you cannot see it, because you disabled all the warnings.
no no i think you’re confused. after doing an fsx repair, i have all of the menus now. i have the gsx menu and all the other menus. my problem now is that when i load fsx, there are no buildings at the airport. even after i get that “airport cache regeneration complete”. gsx and addon manager and couatl is all there. i just have no buildings, even after the airport cache is regenerated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 10:15:01 pm »
i have all of the menus now. i have the gsx menu and all the other menus. my problem now is that when i load fsx, there are no buildings at the airport. even after i get that “airport cache regeneration complete”. gsx and addon manager and couatl is all there. i just have no buildings, even after the airport cache is regenerated.

I haven't asked if you have the "airport cache regeneration complete" following a "Restart and rebuild the airport cache", I asked if you have the "Airport cache loaded successfully", which indicates everything is working normally, including GSX, on a normal session, one that you haven't use the "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" option. Do you have it ? If yes, it means all the software is working normally.

If you don't see the BUILDINGS of an airport (you haven't even said WHICH airport you are referring to), then it's likely you haven't installed it.

jordanpowell101

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2018, 10:19:46 pm »
yes it says that it reloaded successfully. also i do have the airport installed. also to add it’s not just one airport, it’s all the airport i have installed that use addon manager. (ex. fsdreamteam and flightbeam). it’s weird because whenever i load up a new flight everything runs normally and the buildings show. but whenever i load a saved flight, it says that everything regenerated SUCCESSFULLY but there are still no buildings. i have the airports installed and also addon manager confirms it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 10:21:38 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2018, 10:25:46 pm »
it’s weird because whenever i load up a new flight everything runs normally and the buildings show. but whenever i load a saved flight, it says that everything regenerated SUCCESSFULLY but there are still no buildings.

There's no difference whatsoever between starting a new flight or loading a saved one: the buildings will appear just the same.

Unless, with "saved flight", you don't really mean a "saved flight" but, instead, a RECORDED flight.

If yes, than it's entirely normal, since the default video recorder of the sim doesn't playback any objects created programmatically, and all our sceneries are made like that, so the default video recorder is not compatible with any product that does that but, of course, is NOT affecting "just" products handled by the Addon Manager. All products that create objects the same way won't show up in the default video recorder, like those using SODE, AI traffic products like UT Live that creates AI on the fly, etc...

jordanpowell101

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2018, 10:32:42 pm »
Nope that’s not what i mean at all. what i said to you is what i mean. it may sound weird or “impossible” but it’s happening and i’m reporting it EXACTLY as i see it. i’m not sure if you do teamviewer sessions ( i think that’s what they’re called) but everything that i’ve told you is exactly what’s happening. there is no “i think you mean” because i’m literally telling you what’s happening. This stuff never happened before, it all happened randomly without explanation. i’ve never had an issue using any of your products at all until about a few months ago. can you please do the session thingy because i honestly don’t know what to do. everything i reported to you, you seem to think that i am mistaken when i am not. i am telling you whats happening as i see it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 11:00:54 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 11:04:30 pm »
it may sound weird or “impossible” but it’s happening and i’m reporting it EXACTLY as i see it.

Since it IS impossible, I could only assume you meant something else like, for example, object not showing in the Instant replay, which is NORMAL. As I've said, it's impossible you would see the airport buildings when starting a flight, but not when loading a saved flight.

So, I'll ask it again, just to be sure:

Do you STILL see the "Airport cache loaded successfully" after loading a saved flight, with all the normal menus (Couatl and GSX) still there ? If the saved flight has a different airplane, the software will restart automatically so, I'm trying to understand if your issue it's just that for some reason, the restart doesn't work when switching to a different airplane and, perhaps, if happens with a *specific* airplane model, one that was used in that saved flight.