Author Topic: Addon Manager Not Showing Up FSX  (Read 8412 times)

jordanpowell101

Addon Manager Not Showing Up FSX
« on: May 19, 2018, 11:41:15 pm »
Hello all,
So I randomly just started to have an Issue with my Addon Manager for FSX. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and nothing seems to be working. My antivirus is off and I don't know what else to do. It was just working fine a few hours ago. I have not installed any new add-ons since then. Can anyone please help me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager Not Showing Up FSX
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 12:02:10 am »
As explained many times on the forum, turning off the antivirus is not required, and might not be enough, because some antivirus are still active with their service, even if they appear to be turned off.

Which is why, we always suggest to configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning instead.

Then, with the antivirus configured this way, reinstall GSX.

jordanpowell101

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 08:14:04 pm »
As explained many times on the forum, turning off the antivirus is not required, and might not be enough, because some antivirus are still active with their service, even if they appear to be turned off.

Which is why, we always suggest to configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning instead.

Then, with the antivirus configured this way, reinstall GSX.

So I tried doing this and I get the Addon Manager in the Menu but I can't open it. Is says "Addon Manager..." There is also no menu for Coautl like there used to be. I'm not sure what to do next. GSX also does not showup in the menu. I have tried reinstalling addon manager and GSX and some sceneries and followed your steps with the Antivirus and nothing works.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 08:15:50 pm by jordanpowell101 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 11:26:24 pm »
If you are SURE you did exactly as instructed, which means configuring the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning, and reinstalling, it's possible the issue is caused by missing/corrupted VC++ libraries on your system.

See this post here, even if it refers to P3D, the issue is the same:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

jordanpowell101

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 10:51:44 pm »
If you are SURE you did exactly as instructed, which means configuring the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning, and reinstalling, it's possible the issue is caused by missing/corrupted VC++ libraries on your system.

See this post here, even if it refers to P3D, the issue is the same:

I don’t believe this is the problem because I uninstalled and re-downloaded all FSDT products and then it worked. However, when I exited the sim and restarted, I got the same problem again. Addon-manager doesn’t show up at all and when I try and click the “Couatl Settings” tab under the add-one menu it just disappears. Nothing works I have looked up everything on numerous forums and nothing works at all. FSX was literally working fine and then all of a sudden this happened. I’m not willing to re-install or repair FSX because I know that’s not the problem. Can you please try and help me.

jordanpowell101

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 11:39:38 pm »
Can someone please help me. I don’t know what to do

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 10:18:20 am »
Addon-manager doesn’t show up at all and when I try and click the “Couatl Settings” tab under the add-one menu it just disappears.

Sorry, but it's technically IMPOSSIBLE for this to be happening the way you are describing it. The Couatl Settings menu will ONLY appear if the Couatl program has loaded successfully, and Couatl will NOT load if the Addon Manager hasn't loaded first so, while it's possible you might see the Addon Manager but not the Couatl menus, it's IMPOSSIBLE you would see the Couatl menu without the Addon Manager.

Please check again and report what's really happening, because it's just not possible you are seeing exactly this.

jordanpowell101

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 08:15:08 pm »
Addon-manager doesn’t show up at all and when I try and click the “Couatl Settings” tab under the add-one menu it just disappears.

Sorry, but it's technically IMPOSSIBLE for this to be happening the way you are describing it. The Couatl Settings menu will ONLY appear if the Couatl program has loaded successfully, and Couatl will NOT load if the Addon Manager hasn't loaded first so, while it's possible you might see the Addon Manager but not the Couatl menus, it's IMPOSSIBLE you would see the Couatl menu without the Addon Manager.

Please check again and report what's really happening, because it's just not possible you are seeing exactly this.

ok so i did an fsx repair and reinstalled addon manager and it seemed that for some reason i couldn’t load that particular flight but i did a new one and now the buildings won’t load even after the airport cache is regenerated. i’ve uninstalled gsx and addon manager and reinstalled them and i am still getting the same problem with buildings not showing up. i have no idea why all of this is happening out of the blue for no reason.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 01:00:36 pm »
Is still not very clear from your message if you are missing the Addon Manger menu, the Couatl menus, or both. In any case, the solution for missing menus is always the same: configure the antivirus correctly and be sure you are not missing any required libraries, which we obviously install automatically but, sometimes, due to conflicts caused by other software, they might require a reinstall.

I'll link again the post which explains how to reinstall libraries:

jordanpowell101

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 03:55:02 am »
Is still not very clear from your message if you are missing the Addon Manger menu, the Couatl menus, or both. In any case, the solution for missing menus is always the same: configure the antivirus correctly and be sure you are not missing any required libraries, which we obviously install automatically but, sometimes, due to conflicts caused by other software, they might require a reinstall.

I'll link again the post which explains how to reinstall libraries:

hey i am sorry about the confusion. for some weird reason before i did an FSX repair, what would happen is i would load up and airport that uses addon manager (i used flightbeam kiad) and when the airport loaded, there was only a selection for couatl (the option that says reload couatl or reload couatl and rebuild airport cache). there was no option for addon manager at all. it was very weird. what got even weirder was when i clicked on reload couatl and rebuild airport cache. after clicking that the whole couatl section would disappear all together. but fsx repair fixed that and now my only problem is when i load up and airport that used addon manager, the status bar up top will say airport cache reloaded successfully but there will be no buildings. and still continues to give me this error after reinstalling addon manager and gsx again. (btw i have both the couatl and addon manager menu’s now)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 09:13:53 am »
and when the airport loaded, there was only a selection for couatl (the option that says reload couatl or reload couatl and rebuild airport cache). there was no option for addon manager at all.

I can only repeat and confirm, it's NOT POSSIBLE that you would have the Couatl menu without the Addon Manager menu, since Couatl cannot start and won't create any menus, if it hasn't successfully connected to the Addon Manager.

and still continues to give me this error after reinstalling addon manager and gsx again. (btw i have both the couatl and addon manager menu’s now)

Which error ?

jordanpowell101

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 02:42:55 am »
when i said error i mean that there are still no buildings that are showing up after the airport cache regeneration
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 12:44:25 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 12:45:08 pm »
when i said error i mean that there are still no buildings that are showing up after the airport cache regeneration

But did the cache regeneration completed, or it resulted in some error ?

jordanpowell101

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 01:28:19 am »
yes the cache regeneration completed. there was no error
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 09:46:20 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 09:47:17 am »
yes the cache regeneration completed. there was no error

Does it mean you saw the message "Airport cache loaded successfully" at the end ? If yes, this means GSX is working normally.