Author Topic: After updating addon manager huge FPS loss **SOLVED**  (Read 7733 times)

Aether

Re: After updating addon manager huge FPS loss
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 08:20:55 pm »
 it started to go up from 2.1 to 5.2 GB in 20 minutes. NOT started after 20 minutes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 09:17:20 pm »
it started to go up from 2.1 to 5.2 GB in 20 minutes. NOT started after 20 minutes.

That's what I thought, but I asked because I wanted to be sure. As I've said, I kept P3D running for about 8 minutes straight, and when I quit the ram used was exactly as it was when it started. Average fps was about 80 at default NZCH airport, with a default airplane.

Do you see the same memory leakage with a default airplane ? Please try it.

Aether

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2018, 09:27:45 pm »
I have tried it with the F22 raptor but same result.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2018, 09:33:45 pm »
I have tried it with the F22 raptor but same result.

Then I'm afraid we are exhausting our options. I have no fps loss (posted a screenshot already), and no memory leak of any kind. Are you SURE you have disable EVERY other 3rd party addon, and left only the Addon Manager ?

Would you like to have a Teamviewer session, so I can check your system directly, and see what's wrong with it ? PM-me to arrange it.

Aether

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 09:52:14 pm »
Are you SURE you have disable EVERY other 3rd party addon
No haven't done that will test on friday. If it has the same result I will PM you for a Teamviewer session.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers...Cees

Aether

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2018, 12:53:29 pm »
Hi Umberto.

After all the investigating I finally got GSX working.
My last option was to upgrade P3D to version 4.2 (yes I was still on v 4.1) that did the trick.

I got one other thing that's not correct but I will post that in the appropriate (GSX) section.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Cheers....Cees

Daredevil

Re: After updating addon manager huge FPS loss **NOT SOLVED YET**
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 11:37:44 am »
After reading all the options trying to solve this problem, I still have the same problem of the very low framerates <5fps. Even with te standard aircraft of P3dv4.2 the framerates  are very low. Disableing all addons restores right back to the 'normal' 25fps wich I have set for the sim. But when I enable the addon manager of GSX the framerate drops right down to 5 fps.

So I downloaded the gsx from the website and installed it, but that was no improvement. Still have those low framerates. I recall that the problem occured after an update of the addon manager. So an older version of the addon manger might work? I tried it, but without any succes.

I hope that with a little help from 'our friends' we can tackle this problem and come up with a solution....

to be continued

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: After updating addon manager huge FPS loss **SOLVED**
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2018, 02:34:43 pm »
I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm nothing in the Addon Manager can cause such fps loss, as confirmed by other users in this same thread, which fixed it by properly upgrading P3D 4.2, which wasn't fully updated, possibly with some mixup of files between the old and new version.

As I've said, fact you see this only with the Addon Manager enabled, doesn't mean the Addon Manager is a problem: it only means the Addon Manager is SHOWING you a problem you already have with your P3D installation, that no other addons can show, because they don't use some advanced features in the new SDK, which we use to IMPROVE fps, instead. But we are using this method since several months so, it cannot possibly caused by a recent update.

So, be absolutely sure you updated P3D correctly. If you updated just the Client, try updating the Content too, because this what fixed the issue for some users.

Do you have a monitor with G-sync perhaps ? I've noticed that, if you enable G-sync for Windowed applications, the frame rate collapses, but this happens with every program, even FSX (when run in a Window), but it always affects P3D, since it doesn't have a true Full screen mode. And, it happens even with no addons enabled, not even the Addon Manager so, it might not be the cause of your fps loss, but it's worth checking it.

And, of course, always use the very latest version of the video drivers. It's possible a BAD tweak can cause this so, try to reinstall the video drivers making a custom "Clean" installation, which will remove all non default tweaks.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 02:38:12 pm by virtuali »

doc4711

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2018, 01:11:47 pm »
I have the same issue. Updating Addon Manager decrease my frames to 10.
When only copy back the folder Addon Manager before the update the frames are good again (>30).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2018, 02:37:04 pm »
Again, I can only confirm nobody at FSDT was ever able to reproduce this issue and, again, nothing in the latest Addon Manager could possibly have any effect on fps.

However, I suggest waiting to try the next P3D 4.3 update, which has been just announced to be available soon, it's possible your issues might have something to do with it.