Author Topic: GSX Manager Not Keeping Settings??  (Read 3047 times)

Rcca

GSX Manager Not Keeping Settings??
« on: May 14, 2018, 04:25:14 am »
This is weird, don't know if it's a FSX or GSX or Notebook problem?
When I fired up FSX and loaded a airport, then clicked on CTRL + F12 nothing came up, went at top menu clicked on
Addon Manager, it brought me to the Virtuali menu I my setting where not there, I clicked on GSX, then clicked on Save to FSX, popup came up, told me to restart FSX to apply new settings, I did that, all was well, but when ever I click on in the FSX to load another airport or another Airplane and then I bring up hot key CTRL+ F12, same thing happens, restarted my Notebook, then fired up my FSX, go to airport use hot keys, same thing happens, have to click on Add Manager/ GSX? save to FSX, then fire up FSX, go to airport, click in Hot Key, it's Ok, until I change a airport, or plane?? what happing here??
 The only thing I add was a Addon Scenery Fly Tampa, I thought that may have been the problem, nope, disabled it, that was not the problem. GSX worked a few days go??? Thanks
I did use the Live update today before I had this problem, would uninstalling GSX and reinstall GSX would help, ran out of Ideas?
Cyber Power Desktop PC 64Bits Window10
CPU i7 4790K Model MS 7850 Military MB Intel Z97
Gamer Xtreme Liquid Cool 4.0/4.4GHZ turbo
Memory Ram 8GB
GPU Gigabytes Geforce GTX 1060 6GB ram
C drive SSD OS, G SSD dedicated to FSX.
FSX-GSX also on my Notebook GP62MVR 7RFX-i7 HQ 16GB Memory-GTX 1060 6

Rcca

Re: GSX Manager Not Keeping Settings??
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 06:32:04 am »
This is weird, don't know if it's a FSX or GSX or Notebook problem?
When I fired up FSX and loaded a airport, then clicked on CTRL + F12 nothing came up, went at top menu clicked on
Addon Manager, it brought me to the Virtuali menu I my setting where not there, I clicked on GSX, then clicked on Save to FSX, popup came up, told me to restart FSX to apply new settings, I did that, all was well, but when ever I click on in the FSX to load another airport or another Airplane and then I bring up hot key CTRL+ F12, same thing happens, restarted my Notebook, then fired up my FSX, go to airport use hot keys, everything OK. Only Happens when I change a airport and a Plane, have to click on Add Manager/ GSX? save to FSX, then fire up FSX, go to airport, click in Hot Key, it's Ok, I say again, happens until I change a airport, or plane?? what happing here??
 The only thing I add was a Addon Scenery Fly Tampa, I thought that may have been the problem, nope, disabled it, that was not the problem. GSX worked a few days go??? Thanks
I did use the Live update today before I had this problem, would uninstalling GSX and reinstall GSX would help, ran out of Ideas?

UPDATE> Found the problem, But don't know what to do, It's the Live updater. My desktop has same set up, I did not click on the FSDT Live updater, FSX and GSX was ok, Couatl GSX holding settings when changing airport and a plane. I ended FSX, then I did the Live Updater and have the same problem on my Notebook, It's a computer problem nor FSX problem, has to be GSX problem on the updater, PLEASE FIX IT what ever you got to do, or me, never had this problem till I clicked on the updaters on both computers.
I notice when I went in both computers there are Two Couatl updaters with 2 different dates,  one says Couatl Live updater date 11-3-17 other updater says Couatl Live updater2> todays date 5-13-2018, I tried clicking on that one, maybe would have some luck there, did not help after it updated. WHAT NEXT? Why is there two Live updaters in the Addon Manager folder?
Memory Ram 8GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 01:05:32 pm »
When I fired up FSX and loaded a airport, then clicked on CTRL + F12 nothing came up, went at top menu clicked on Addon Manager, it brought me to the Virtuali menu I my setting where not there, I clicked on GSX, then clicked on Save to FSX, popup came up, told me to restart FSX to apply new settings, I did that, all was well, but when ever I click on in the FSX to load another airport or another Airplane and then I bring up hot key CTRL+ F12, same thing happens, restarted my Notebook, then fired up my FSX, go to airport use hot keys, same thing happens

It seems you haven't understood what that settings page does. It's totally unrelated to GSX, it's only a tweaker, to give you an easier to use interface for some common FSX.CFG tweaks that can be used or not, but it doesn't have any relationship with either GSX or the airport.

And in fact, the description says "FSX Tweaks - applied globally for all sceneries", meaning they are not related to a particular airport or product or GSX.

With the current version of the Addon Manager, following many user suggestions, that asked to be able to apply selective tweaks, without being forced to apply all of them, you now must ENABLE each tweak by clicking on the small checkbox besides it, otherwise it will not be saved in the FSX.CFG. This is an obvious improvement, so you can now decide to apply, for example, a single tweak only, without having to accept the whole page.

This means, it's entirely normal that with the current version tweaks won't be saved, unless you explicitly enable those you want to save.

Rcca

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 09:28:54 pm »
When I fired up FSX and loaded a airport, then clicked on CTRL + F12 nothing came up, went at top menu clicked on Addon Manager, it brought me to the Virtuali menu I my setting where not there, I clicked on GSX, then clicked on Save to FSX, popup came up, told me to restart FSX to apply new settings, I did that, all was well, but when ever I click on in the FSX to load another airport or another Airplane and then I bring up hot key CTRL+ F12, same thing happens, restarted my Notebook, then fired up my FSX, go to airport use hot keys, same thing happens

It seems you haven't understood what that settings page does. It's totally unrelated to GSX, it's only a tweaker, to give you an easier to use interface for some common FSX.CFG tweaks that can be used or not, but it doesn't have any relationship with either GSX or the airport.

And in fact, the description says "FSX Tweaks - applied globally for all sceneries", meaning they are not related to a particular airport or product or GSX.

With the current version of the Addon Manager, following many user suggestions, that asked to be able to apply selective tweaks, without being forced to apply all of them, you now must ENABLE each tweak by clicking on the small checkbox besides it, otherwise it will not be saved in the FSX.CFG. This is an obvious improvement, so you can now decide to apply, for example, a single tweak only, without having to accept the whole page.

This means, it's entirely normal that with the current version tweaks won't be saved, unless you explicitly enable those you want to save.

Update> Clicked on Addon Manager in the FSX- clicked on GSX of the Virtuali , and checked marked all tweaks in the Virtuali FSX Tweaks, and clicked marked on all of the tweaks for Addon Manager at bottom, and  Saved to FSX settings. fired up FSX all addon manager stuff was there, changed airport, Manager FAILED, just showing SODA 1.6.2, and the Addon Manager.
Addon Manager comes up all ok only when I end Flight, and Exit FSX, and re-fire up FSX again, with out going back in the Addon Manager, until I change the airport, and or Airplane, now I'm completely exhausted my self of what to do, or just live with this problem that I paid for. I never had to check mark any of the Tweaks since last year up to now I owned GSX, until I did the last Live Updater on My notebook, my Desktop was all Ok, tried it, Changed airport, was OK, until I clicked on the FSD Live Update. Why me? Any HELP, any one? Thanks!
Anybody had this problem?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 01:45:06 am by Rcca »
Memory Ram 8GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 10:57:51 am »
Clicked on Addon Manager in the FSX- clicked on GSX of the Virtuali , and checked marked all tweaks in the Virtuali FSX Tweaks, and clicked marked on all of the tweaks for Addon Manager at bottom, and  Saved to FSX settings.

You still don't understand. As I've said already, the tweaks are ENTIRELY unrelated to GSX so, why you continue to want to play with tweaks ? They don't have anything to do with each other. I only explained how the tweaks works because you want to know why the settings were not saved.

fired up FSX all addon manager stuff was there, changed airport, Manager FAILED, just showing SODA 1.6.2, and the Addon Manager.

I'm sorry, but this description doesn't have any sense. First you said "all addon manager stuff was there", then you said it "failed" after changing airport, then you say you have the SODE menu and the Addon Manager menu so, why you say it "failed" ?

Maybe, you are trying to say GSX has "failed", because you are missing the GSX and the Couatl menu ?

If this is the real description of your problem then, again, it doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manager supposedly not keeping the settings, it's just that something in your system is preventing to start the Couatl program, which is required by GSX. The tweaks issue doesn't have anything to do with this, and it's not even an issue, as I explained in my previous post.

The most common reason for the Couatl program not starting up, is your antivirus mistakenly blocking it so:

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

- Reinstall GSX, using the latest installer.

I never had to check mark any of the Tweaks since last year up to now I owned GSX

Why you keep insisting the tweaks have any relationship with this issue, after I clearly explained they don't ? You are NOT required to enable any of those tweaks, that part of the Addon Manager is basically just a free tweaker included, but it's NOT required for GSX to work! If you are not interested in tweaking, just forget that page.

Rcca

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 03:46:11 am »
What can I say? I know I have a product that is useless now, will have to live with it. I disabled everything that deals with the anti virus and the Firewall, everything never had this problem before using anti + Firewall, did the live updater, fired up FSX, add-ons were all there, clicked on change aircraft, now top of FSX screen  menu, Add-on Manager and Soda was only showing, lost the others, Couati settings > Couati Live Update> and GSX>
Now with all anti off and Firewall, I ran the Live Updater, still the samething happens?
Here is the bummer of the year for me, most all the time when having any problems I can resolve it, not now, I uninstalled FSDreamTeam from the Add/Remove and everything else manually that was not removed.I did not delete FsDreamTeam in the Registry so I would not have to reinstall my Key Code Serial Register, I used a fresh Ver.2.3.0.3 GSX from FsDreamTeam website installed it, fired up FSX, everything there, top of FSX menu in the  Add-on Manager, then clicked on change Aircraft, yep! not good, only Add-on Manager and Sode showing, this is with Anti and Firewall off, ran Live update again, samething happened, I'm DONE! call it W10 problem, computer problem or what ever, I'm telling you and saying it again, I had FSX/GSX installed in my Desktop and my MSI-62 notebook, I did have another MSI-63 notebook FXS/GSX ran real good, had to return the MSI-63 had a problem, now been using this MSI-62 i7700 16GB Memory other MSI-62 had a lower CPU 6700, both same GPU GTX 1060 6gb memory, Msi-62 and Desktop worked flawless, until I ran the Live updater. Oh well! please, I don't want to here GSX has nothing to do with this problem, I praise how great GSX was now it's just grap for me now.
The last test I did with Anti-Firewall off, ran Live update again, FSX menu Add-on manager all there, instead of click on Change Aircraft or and Load Airport from saved favorites, I clicked on World/Go to Airport, no failure of Add-on Manager, everything there, Strange? I thought it maybe in my Load favorites because I have add-on sceneries in the MS default sceneries which never had a problem using FSX/GSX before everything went stuipid on GSX, anyway, same problem, using a default scenery in my saved favorites.
I did not make any changes in notbook and Desktop, funny thing on the desktop I been away from it for over a week, I was in Austin with my MSI-62 W10 for a week showing and flying the FSX/GSX all good. Got home fired up my notebook did the Live updater, that's when problems started, then flew FSX/GSX on my D/T, all was good, did the live update, trouble with FSX/GSX, and this is before I did the Microsoft Security W10 update since I was in Austin for a week. Just saying! Now that my brain is fried, it's time to enjoy my retired back again. Was fun using GSX when it worked for me at the time.
Well just in case does not seem to be a Window 10 problem, I looked at W10 security updates on my MSI notebook, I did do one update before running the FS Live update, I remove the Security update, ran FSX/GSX, same thing happens for the GSX.
Thing I don't get, I guess no one else has the same problem as me? If the answer was yes, we would all see it on the post in the forum. That's why I uninstalled MS security update, struck out, I guess it's one of these problems I will never find out why, must not be my Notebook, because it was Ok in Austin and after I got home, WOW what the heck going on here? Not my notebook, not GSX, then why was it OK before I did the Live Updater on both computers?
Oh! last thing beforeI made changes on testing turning off anti-Firewall, I added the whole Add-on Manager stuff in the Defender FireWall to Allow. naturally, did work even with anti/Firewall off, even on.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 10:10:17 pm by virtuali »
Memory Ram 8GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 10:11:06 pm »
Sorry, I don't understand you, your post is too long and impossible to read.

If you are missing the Addon Manager or the GSX menu (or both) from the "Addons" menu of the sim, the only possible reasons are either the antivirus blocking the update, or a problem with your VC++ libraries, which might be missing/corrupted, even by something not related to flight sim.

Disabling the antivirus while installing its NOT enough. In addition to that, when the antivirus is suspected to be the cause of the problem (it's the more common one), you MUST also configure it to exclude the Addon Manager folder before starting the sim.

About missing/corrupted VC++ libraries. They are the 2005 SP1, the 2013 and the 2015 version. Our software doesn't require all of them but, indirectly, Simconnect itself requires it so, if one of them it's missing, you'll have lots of issues, and not just with our software.

The linked thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**, was quite exhaustive:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Rcca

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 05:17:27 am »
Sorry, I don't understand you, your post is too long and impossible to read.

If you are missing the Addon Manager or the GSX menu (or both) from the "Addons" menu of the sim, the only possible reasons are either the antivirus blocking the update, or a problem with your VC++ libraries, which might be missing/corrupted, even by something not related to flight sim.

Disabling the antivirus while installing its NOT enough. In addition to that, when the antivirus is suspected to be the cause of the problem (it's the more common one), you MUST also configure it to exclude the Addon Manager folder before starting the sim.

About missing/corrupted VC++ libraries. They are the 2005 SP1, the 2013 and the 2015 version. Our software doesn't require all of them but, indirectly, Simconnect itself requires it so, if one of them it's missing, you'll have lots of issues, and not just with our software.

The linked thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**, was quite exhaustive:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

I read this to my wife, yes it's was a long post, Sorry, she under stood it all, I kept here updated on it too!
To make a long story short, I just did a add/Remove on everything just now, I read you had a new update, it failed for me, so that's why I just started out with a fresh new GSX installment, all so removed the VC++2005, reinstalled GSX fired up FSX/GSX WOW! Finally it all worked, Changing Aircraft and my save Favorites. So it was not me of my problem with GSX!
I read all of the new post that guys said they were having the same problem as me after they did the Live Updater. Thank you anyway for your help and your new Live Updater.
One last thing, I had my antivirus, and Firewall on while installing the new Installment of GSX.
3 solid days on working on this, Wow! Wife said Finally Solved for me.
Memory Ram 8GB