Author Topic: How to install GSX in P3dv4 and keeping P3Dv3 also on my system  (Read 3159 times)

Dr Jacobo

Hi,

P3Dv3 and GSX is installed on my computer. All works fine.
Now I have installed P3Dv4 also on mij computer on a different drive.

How do I install (or activate the installed version in P3Dv3) for P3Dv4?
If I run the installer the prompt for the location is grayed out an refers to the already installed version on de drive of P3Dv3.

Please advise,

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to install GSX in P3dv4 and keeping P3Dv3 also on my system
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 11:06:15 am »
If I run the installer the prompt for the location is grayed out an refers to the already installed version on de drive of P3Dv3.

It's not clear if, with "the already installed version on the drive of P3Dv3", you mean you installed the Addon Manager INSIDE the P3D3 folder, or it's just on the same drive, but on a different folder.

If it's just on the same drive, but on a different folder, just go ahead with installing in P3D4.

If, instead, you selected the P3D3 folder and installed INTO that one, is not a very good idea so, I suggest to uninstall GSX and all any other FSDT products, and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

Then, restart the installer, and you will now free to choose a destination folder again.

The default choice of C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager" is perfectly fine, and the only reason why you don't want to accept it, is if you don't have much space on C: available. In that case, choose any other drive, doesn't matter where you simulators are, and choose its own folder, like D:\ or E:, which will install into D:\Addon Manager or E:\Addon Manager, etc.

Whatever folder you choose, it's best you don't install INTO the sim because, now the installer is allowing you to install outside any simulator and use a shared folder for all the FSDT stuff, installing into the sim is the worse possible choice, because the whole point of installing outside the sim, is that you can uninstall/reinstall the simulators without affecting the FSDT software.

Dr Jacobo

Re: How to install GSX in P3dv4 and keeping P3Dv3 also on my system
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 08:35:38 am »
Thanks for your response.

It makes things clear to me.

I will create a new folder for shared 3rd party items like GSX and do a reinstallation into that new folder.