Author Topic: Incompatibility with Windows XP mode  (Read 1719 times)

Wanderson

Incompatibility with Windows XP mode
« on: May 14, 2018, 08:47:23 pm »
Hi, I recently purchased the flight simulator X steam edition and the FSDREAM GSX, the problem is that Fsx is giving incompatibility or something similar with my operating system (Windows 10) and I am using fsx in Windows XP (SP2) Compatibility is the only one that makes it work correctly however GSX does not contain support for Windows XP! What can I do so that I have a good functioning of both? Appreciate!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:06:45 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Incompatibility with Windows GSX!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 10:06:29 am »
FSX:SE doesn't require any Compatibility setting to work under Windows 10. Nobody use it that way, and that's not how Steam install it by default. The only setting which is not default, is run As Admin, which is not a problem for us.

Maybe you have a 3rd party addon that requires it, because it has been programmed without respecting MS UAC directives (which were in place since 2006 Windows Vista) and, because of this addon, you are forced to run FSX in XP Compatibility mode, which will also reduce performances, since it will force video drivers to run in a lesser mode (WDDM 1.0 vs 1.1) and it will have the OS redirecting all file access and registry calls. So, XP Compatibilty is bad and shouldn't be used.

Our software, instead, it's 100% fully compliant with UAC, so it won't work under XP mode.