Author Topic: GSX and Couatl not working after aircraft change **SOLVED**  (Read 6392 times)

alicamat

Hi,

I have updated GSX under FSX using the live update on May 12th. After the update, GSX does function correctly until I switch aircraft from the Aircraft menu. When the new aircraft gets loaded GSX and the engine gets removed from the Add-On menu. GSX functions including CTRL+F12 are not operational. I suppose the scripts are stopped for some reason.

I would appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Ali
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 10:55:10 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and Couatl not working after aircraft change
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 01:25:35 pm »
I tried it now, and I cannot replicate it.

- Be sure logging is enabled in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX page

- Switch to a different aircraft

- Exit the sim and check the Couatl.LOG, which by default should have been created under %APPDATA%\Virtuali

- If it contains what looks like an error, ZIP the Couatl.LOG file and attach it to a post.

pisco

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 10:52:59 am »
Hello,

same for me
It occured after WIN 10 big update
1/ Addon menu was still availabe but GSX inactive, even by trying to reactivate it
2/ tried to re-install and update, Addon menu definitely desapeared

thank you for your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 11:00:05 am »
same for me

With "it's the same for me", do you mean you have the SAME problem of the OP, which is GSX starting correctly and disappearing only when switching airplane ? I'm asking, because it doesn't seem to from your message.

If it's really the same, then I already posted the suggested course of action in my previous message.

If, instead, it's not the same, please open a different thread with a proper subject and describe your issue more clearly.

Pit

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 09:57:58 pm »
Started today (16.05.2018) GSX liveupdate, I think there was  an update: was anyway surprised to notice that I saw no GSX services and Couatl in the Add-Ons menu after an aircraft change.....

I started with my default A321 on my home airport, everything ok, GSX is on the Add-Ons menu as usual, I even saw the report "Airport Cache Loaded Succesfull" on the greenbar. Then, I changed the aircraft ( no matter wich one, I tested different aricrafts), after loading the new aircraft GSX disappeared, in the Add-Ons Menu is only the Addon Manager: I checked with the Addonmanager if GSX was activated, positive, GSX marked as registered and active.
Please let me know if this is a Bug, or it is only me with this issue, thanks, Pit.

FSX-SE, WIN10 V1803 64bit, 8GB RAM.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 10:35:54 am by Pit »

Buddy1958

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 12:16:35 am »
Same thing has been happening to me.  I start with a default MS aircraft, select my airport and parking, then check Addons to see GSX is there.  Then, after selecting a payware airplane, such as the PMDG or Q-Wings, as soon as the new aircraft loads, I find that GSX is now gone from my Addons menu.  Trying the Ctrl-F12 sequence gives no startup of GSX either.  This has been going on since the last Win-10 update a few days ago. Any ideas?  Copy of Coatl log attached. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:12:52 pm by Buddy1958 »

mike

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 08:01:14 am »
Same issue. If useful for troubleshooting:

WIN7 - FSX Acceleration
Avast Antivirus exclusions:
c:\Program Files(x86)\Addon Manager\*
c:\Users\...\AppData\Romaing\Virtuali\*

Addon Manager v4.5.0.2
GSX v2.3.0.3
SODE v1.6.2
Couatl v3.2.0.3985
FSDT products KCLT,KFLL,LSGG,PHNL,KJFKv2,KLAS,GSX

ACTIONS
Launch FSX using a saved flight (Trike aircraft at non-FSDT airport)
FSX Add-ons menu dropdown includes Couatl Settings, Couatl Live Update, GSX, and Addon Manager
Re-position to gate D12 at KCLT, scenery appears as expected

In FSX, load default B737-800 (or any aircraft)

RESULT
FSX Add-ons menu dropdown still includes Addon Manager but GSX, Couatl Settings Couatl Live Update are no
longer listed. FSDT scenery disappears and GSX no longer available.

Addition info
All FSDT sceneries and GSX previously worked fine. There were no issues until after running FSDT Live Update.
It appears that something is stopping the Couatl Script engine from running after loading a new aircraft.

Tried to resolve by un-installing the FSDT products and Addon Manager, re-downloaded and re-installed.
Also tried deleting the fsx.cfg file, also without success.

Couatl.log attached
Thanks for having a look.

-Mike
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:11:16 am by mike »
Mike

Pit

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 10:29:28 am »
Good to know it is not only me....! ;)

Anyway it should not depends on the WIn 10 update IMHO! I got the last WIN10 Update (V1803), last week, and  I could start and fly with FSX-SE using GSX as always!!! I just noticed yesterday that the GSX-Liveupdate did download new files, since that point GSX shows the above mentioned issue at my side. Did GSX do an update at your side too yesterday??

Thanks for replying Mike and Buddy1958! :)

Pit.

PS: Ha, I just seen a similar issue report here on the forum, I suppose Umberto should already knows about this issue and may be already working on it.....

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17798.0.html
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 10:45:46 am by Pit »

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 01:31:23 pm »
Hello,

after starting FSX with the default flight everething is ok. GSX service on ground is possible. But after you change the aircraft, for example the default 737, the menu is not there anymore. No indication of an error or something. GSX just doesn´t work anymore. That´s it.
I send you the log.

Peter

winglet

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 02:13:58 pm »
Hey there!
I have the same problem using the FSX. FSLabs A320 requires to load the default trike, shut it down and then load the aircraft. So far, I‘ve never had problems (using an old GSX from ~2015). A few days ago I updated it and as soon as I change my aircraft, GSX doesn‘t work. It‘s not shown under Add-On-Manager, and in addition the couatl.exe process which always used to run in task manager doesn‘t run anymore. SODE still works, but the GSX window won‘t do so.
It‘s sad because GSX is so amazing, but I hope that there is some solution.

jjlittler

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 08:46:24 pm »
Hi All,

I have noticed with P3D v4.2 after loading from the default plane to any other aircraft it looks like both Couatl and GSX crash so these no longer appear in the add-ons menu rendering GSX and all FSDT airports useless!! Anyone else experienced this recently?

Cheers,
JJ

LuisCake

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 09:32:30 pm »
Hello. I have the same Problem like you. I notic that after i have run the live updater. I have reinstall gsx and all vc++ registrys. But no luck...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and Couatl not working after aircraft change **SOLVED**
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 11:00:31 pm »
Please run the FSDT Live Update now, we found the issue and it should be fixed now. For me, it happened in FSX only (P3D4 always worked), but I suspect it could happen in P3D too depending on other addons loaded, because it's possibly speed-related.

It was related to an updated we made to allow 3rd party airplane developers to interface with GSX to communicate to GSX and read from GSX the estimated number of passengers on board, so they would be both in agreement, fixing the longstanding issue of the wrong number of vehicles if you started GSX before the airplane completed its own custom progressive load of passengers (like in the Aerosoft A320).

Apparently, it seems that resetting such variables while switching the airplane caused a crash, but I couldn't replicate it in P3D, it happened only with FSX here, and that's one got less and less testing nowadays. And none of the 3rd party developers we sent it earlier to test reported any issues too. I guess not many of them use FSX much...

But it should be fixed now, I tested it with FSX:SE, and it seems to work.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:04:16 pm by virtuali »

Buddy1958

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 11:41:04 pm »
Sorry to inform you, but I ran Live Update, restarted/rebooted system, and then booted FSX.  No change from my last report. Same issue with changing from Microsoft aircraft to a payware.  I tried several payware - same issue, no GSX after selecting the payware airplane.  Went back to FSX/Microsoft Aircraft, but still no GSX.  Strange, but true. Coatl log attached (again), if it helps.  Thanks for all your hard work guys!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2018, 12:02:32 am »
I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm the problem is fixed now.

The only possible reason it's not fixed for you, is either you haven't run the FSDT Live Update now, or for some reason your local mirrored server hasn't been updated yet to get the fixed file.

We use the Cloudflare network to distribute updates, they have about 120 servers spread around the world so, it's possible your local one hasn't got the updated file yet. It's not a process we have any control over.

I tried it again now, and I confirm the problem is fixed.

To check if you have the fixed file, verify the following file is exactly 9312 bytes in length:

Addon Manager\couatl\common\__init__.pye

If it's not that size, is still the old version so, run the Live Update again and see if it gets downloaded. If not, try to remove it and run Live Update again.