Author Topic: Addon Manager very low fps (10) P3DV4 **SOLVED**  (Read 42246 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager verry low fps (10) P3DV4
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2018, 11:10:34 am »
Same with me ...i fly with gsx over 2 years everyday now i cant use it...i’m waiting for fix from fsdt.Thanks

As already explained several times in this thread, I cannot reproduce the problem in any way so, it's impossible for me to even start investigating something that doesn't happen here. And, of course, only a handful (4-5, at most) user have reported it so, I can only assume it also doesn't happen to the vast majority of the several thousands user that downloaded the update.

Nothing has changed in the Addon Manager that could have any effect on the fps, not at least in months.

jadolfo

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2018, 07:04:26 pm »
Hi,

Well, from the last update, some users (like me) has a very hard fps problems with GSX. You can't reproduce the problem, but we can't use GSX.

Can you give us the previus version?

Best,
J. Adolfo Medina

p3dx3

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2018, 07:51:32 pm »
To people with fps issues

Recently updated Windows 10?

Install Video and Sound Card drivers for your hardware again.

alexvs

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2018, 08:31:58 pm »
Hi people,

I see there are some of you who join the discussion. Welcome. Don't be impatient. We all are investigating what's wrong here.

I did some further research:

1. I did uninstall and reinstall the client P3Dv41 software. No possitive result.
2. I did uninstall v41 and reinstalled with client P3Dv42. No positive result.

All with admin rights ofcourse.

I've done allmost everything that could have caused FPS10 problem within P3D. Uninstall and reinstall all possible addon software within the sim.

I'm tending to a conclusion that it's not within P3D (add-ons or airplane) or possibly GSX. I think it's outside the sim. Just as claimed on the LM forum. Soundcard of graphics. Allthough I've reinstalled this software at the beginning of this post, maybe I have to go to an earlier version of Nvidia. I know almost for sure that the Spring update win10 is not the culprit. I had the problem before the win10 update.

But, it can also be .net or C++ software.

@Umberto, does GSX need other software like C++? Which versions? Then I can take look at these uninstall and reinstall options.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 08:34:19 pm by alexvs »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2018, 09:59:08 pm »
Can you give us the previus version?

The very concept of a "previous" version doesn't mean much, with a program that updates itself. You can TRY installing from the GSX installer with the network disconnected: and that would give you the GSX version which was current at the time you downloaded that installer.

Wizaro

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2018, 10:04:02 am »
I have to use latest window (1803) update on last night and latest Nvdia driver ...still no luck .... i use in home cockpit and when i use undock pfd and pull to position on another monitor then fps going down to 12 when close undock it’s back to 80++ and i just clean in stall my window 2 days ago. Gsx is addon i was install after PMDG NGX and show that issue so I think it’s from addon manager or gsx. Im not complaint anything but just inform to find the way to fix together.

Warm regards,
Pawat

alexvs

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2018, 10:01:13 pm »
Hi,

I'm running out of options. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of my addon's like AS16, ASCA, SODE, FSTramp, etc.

I could get some help of the others who joined in this post.

Umberto, see my last question.

Does GSX need other software like C++? Which versions? Then I can take look at these uninstall and reinstall options.

Aether

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2018, 11:11:29 am »
Hi,

I'm running out of options. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of my addon's like AS16, ASCA, SODE, FSTramp, etc.

I could get some help of the others who joined in this post.

Umberto, see my last question.

Does GSX need other software like C++? Which versions? Then I can take look at these uninstall and reinstall options.

What version of P3D are you running?

Cheers..Cees

alexvs

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2018, 06:56:35 pm »
P3Dv41 (full). Also tried P3Dv42 (only client), with no luck.

Aether

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2018, 07:27:47 pm »
P3Dv41 (full). Also tried P3Dv42 (only client), with no luck.
I was on P3D 4.1 and when I installed 4.2 client and content the trouble was over.

Good luck.

alexvs

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2018, 09:41:49 pm »
OK,

That is an option. So, only the client and content? I will try.

jadolfo

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2018, 08:35:21 pm »
Hello,

I tryied this:

P3D v4.2: Uninstall Content and uninstall Client, then install Client and Content
Downloaded and installed last version GSX Complete (2.4)

The problem persist.

I hope that the Fsdreamteam people are working on this problem.

Best,
J. Adolfo Medina

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2018, 10:01:19 pm »
I hope that the Fsdreamteam people are working on this problem.

We cannot even start working on this problem, since none of us was ever able to reproduce it, across different systems and P3D versions.

Also, see one of the last posts:

I was on P3D 4.1 and when I installed 4.2 client and content the trouble was over.

So, clearly, if the problem could be solved by updating P3D correctly, it was never an FSDT problem to begin with. Not that I wasn't sure of this, but this last post if the final proof it must be something else.

And yes, as I already explained several times, fact it "seems" to go away if you disable our software, doesn't mean we are the cause. We are only triggering an existing problem, which you are not able to see with other addons, since not many use the new SDK feature which, incidentally, are made to IMPROVE performances, not reduce them, since we can use a more low-level access (full official and fully documented, of course), bypassing Simconnect. This, apparently, seems to require the sim to be fully updated and correctly updated.

Aether

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2018, 10:39:42 pm »
P3D v4.2: Uninstall Content and uninstall Client, then install Client and Content
Downloaded and installed last version GSX Complete (2.4)

This is not the correct way.

1)Uninstall client then install client.
2) Uninstall content and then install content

This is the right way of updating P3D

Cheers...Cees

Wizaro

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2018, 03:01:20 am »
Re-install windows and updated all driver / installed p3d & pmdg737 / gsx - still 12fps.,
when uninstall gsx everything back to normal 60fps+ When put everything a lot of addon without gsx it’s still 60fps.... .... Maybe it’s time to say Thank you and bye. It’s very easy to judge where this problem form.

Regards,