Author Topic: Addon Manager very low fps (10) P3DV4 **SOLVED**  (Read 42109 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager verry low fps (10) P3DV4
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2018, 09:31:15 am »
So I think that I can prove to you that the problem is coming from the "Addon Manager" its self and not from P3d as you said

That's not what you proved.

As I've said, several times by now, the problem is likely some kind of issue in one of the functions of the new P3D4 PDK, which cause low fps to some users only and no, you can't say the problem is "coming" from the Addon Manager JUST because it goes away if you disable it or it doesn't happen with a previous version.

You didn't see in the previous version, only because we didn't use some new functions which, as I've said several times by now, are 100% officially documented so, we are not doing anything wrong and we are only following the P3D4 SDK but, again, if no other addon use those functions, you are easily mislead the Addon Manager is the "problem", but it's not, the problem is likely something in the sim itself, which happens only if SOME addon is using SOME of these new features, which are quite new, so there wasn't much feedback from developers.

And, it clearly happens under some specific conditions, since (as I've said, several times by now) I was never able to reproduce it and if it happened to everybody, we would have hundreds or even thousands of reports by now, considering the number of people that downloaded the update.

As I've said, several times by now, we'll wait for 4.3 to be released, and hopefully the problem will go away.

But that's not the main reason: the main reason is, assuming I'll be able to reproduce it, which can only happen after I will finally have a Teamviewer session with some of the affected users to find out what's different with their systems, I might be eventually be able to file a bug report to LM, but it won't be considered now, with 4.3 so close to release.

About getting the old version, you can just install with the network disconnected, so you won't get the latest updates.

alexvs

« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2018, 07:11:25 pm »
Read the manual!! In the ini the value of that variable = NONE. So it should work on every airport.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:35:49 am by virtuali »

eshelariel

« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2018, 07:11:50 pm »
ok
and if i will say you now that i found the latest version of GSX (2.4)but with the previous addon manager and it works great
would you belive me ?
becouse i did ....
so from now on its only your choise to belive us about that...
 i fixed the problem for me..
but i lost all the sceneries that i bought becouse i have no previous version for them...
i realy dont understand why its so hard to help the users to fix the problem
nothing can happen from tring to help us with uploading previous version
we are your consumers and its very sad that i  and the other here need to try prove you the soultion and you dont even want to let us to try!
and just for you attention 1 month gone from the opening of this post and there is no offical solution

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:33:34 am by virtuali »

alexvs

« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2018, 10:06:09 pm »
Umberto,

Leave the answer to the anoying message. For the moment I'm fed up with this GSX problem. I have deactivated the addon-xml entry of the Addon Manager. Back to 60FPS.

I landed at LSZH, and to my utmost surprise "NO AIRPORT BUILDINGS". I thought "What ... @#$%^"

Now I can't use GSX, and after I landed I saw that I also can't use LSZH en LSGG. Because it needs an active Addon Manager to work. And when I have the Addon Manager active I drop down to 10 FPS. The problem is even worse than I thought. I now can't use software worth EUR 73,=

I'll wait until you have found a solution.

nolatron

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2018, 12:31:06 am »
Any chance you can make the GSX installer prior to 2.4 (or whichever version was released last week) available for download?

With this problem of low FPS, coupled with the boarding issue also reported, I've had to uninstall GSX completely from my system in order to fly.

I tried installing the current installer available for download from the website with my internet disconnect to prevent any auto updates from happening during install, but it looks like the conflict was already in the download.

I do enjoy using GSX so if we could get the previous's version's installer so we could at least get our systems back up and running as it was before until P3D's next update comes out and the FPS drop issue can be looked into more would be awesome.

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2018, 08:36:15 am »
Read the manual!! In the ini the value of that variable = NONE. So it should work on every airport.

If the variable is NONE, then it will work at every airport and you wouldn't see the "GSX has been disabled on this airport by user settings" message.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2018, 08:42:54 am »
and if i will say you now that i found the latest version of GSX (2.4)but with the previous addon manager and it works great
would you belive me ?

Of course, why wouldn't I ? If you are making this question, it means you haven't read my previous explanation.

You are still confusing the cause with the effect. Yes, the problem happens (on SOME systems) only with the latest Addon Manager, because only the latest version use some new functions of the PDK and, what I'm quite sure of, is that those functions are the problem.

The issue is, we cannot just stop using them, because we'll require them for all our future products so, the proper way to fix this is:

1) Being able to reproduce the problem. As I've said, so many times by now, I cannot reproduce it in any way so, the only possible way is checking one affected user system with a remote assistance session, and then TRYING to replicate it myself.

2) Assuming I might be able to finally replicate it, I'll be able to send a bug report to LM. Or, at least, a request for help. You can be sure this won't happen before 4.3 will be released, which should be very soon.

3) I cannot do anything while on vacation (until June 25th).

comic40

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2018, 11:27:07 am »
This version works correctly thank you!

nolatron

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2018, 02:02:25 pm »
Thank you!  Installing that version offline did the trick and the cockpit is back to normal.

Hope you enjoy your time here in the states.

Cheers!

alexvs

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2018, 09:12:49 pm »
Thank you!  Installing that version offline did the trick and the cockpit is back to normal.

Hope you enjoy your time here in the states.

Cheers!

+1, happy-the-pappy  :D

hawele

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2018, 09:15:24 am »
I’m sorry, but this can’t be the final solution for the boarding issue (baggage loading ongoing). I’m using FSX with acceleration pack and there is no problem with FPS, only the problem of never-ending baggage procedure, push back is only possible by restarting GSX, interrupting the whole process. And reading all the messages under that item I’m shure that there are hundreds of other users faced with the same problem. I’m also shure that you can solve the problem after being back from holiday.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2018, 02:52:46 am »
You don't need any other link than the one I posted, since GSX comes with the Addon Manager, of course. Just be sure you install it last and with the network disconnected.

c912039

« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2018, 03:57:13 am »
I can confirm that I also have experienced the drop in frame rate.

I run a total of 5 monitors across 2 x  10 series Nvidia graphics cards.
If I load up a scenario where I have any 2d windows open on the touchscreen monitor connected to the 2nd video card, I get a drop in frames.
This includes loading scenarios with default aircraft at default airports, with the SimConnect window displaying on the touchscreen monitor.

If I disconnect the video cable from this monitor whilst P3D is running (forcing the SimConnect window to be moved to my main monitor), reconnect the monitor, and then move the SimConnect window back to the touchscreen monitor, I get no drop in frame rates.

I have to do this every time I load P3D.

I can confirm that this situation only occurred after a recent update of AddOn Manager and GSX.  The framerate drop and subsequent fix is not required if AddOnManager or/and Couatil are disabled.

I hope that might help you in tracking down which SDK/PDK calls might be causing this.

Regards
David

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2018, 04:39:01 am »
I hope that might help you in tracking down which SDK/PDK calls might be causing this.

I think I already know which calls might be (and keep in mind that, with the PDK, if you do anything wrong, it will just crash the sim so, I'm quite sure we are using them correctly) but, the 5 monitors with 2 GPU scenario is not something I could try to replicate. I can only hope LM will.

eshelariel

« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2018, 06:51:50 am »
You don't need any other link than the one I posted, since GSX comes with the Addon Manager, of course. Just be sure you install it last and with the network disconnected.
But i have more products of fsdt -few sceneries
And if i wont get general link for the previous addon manager
Iwonr be able to install the sceneries becouse you know..
Its will upsate the addon manager...
What can i do?