Author Topic: Error Message GSX  (Read 2530 times)

Sascha

Error Message GSX
« on: July 16, 2018, 02:48:46 pm »
Hello together,

since a few days, I receive a error message of GSX, as you can see in the added screenshot. What I have done in the past, was only to install a new add-on Airplane. (Captain Sim  767 FSX) I already deinstalled and reinstalled the addon manager and GSX itself. Without success. Had anyone a suggsetion, how I can solve this problem?
Thanks in advance.

Greetings
Sascha

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error Message GSX
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 07:05:09 pm »
The only possible reason for this error, which indicates you don't have access to your own private folder, which is not normal, since you are supposed to always have access to anything under your own folder.

- Remove the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.ini file

- Be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder.

- Reinstall GSX

JRBarrett

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 06:06:08 am »
In the error message text, appears that there are two different profiles in which your name is spelled Mller in one, and Müller in the other. Did you modify your Windows account to change the spelling of your surname at some point?

Sascha

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 12:38:39 pm »
No I did not. I am wondering myself! I did not change a single thing on the system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 12:43:04 pm »
In the error message text, appears that there are two different profiles in which your name is spelled Mller in one, and Müller in the other. Did you modify your Windows account to change the spelling of your surname at some point?

Good catch, I didn't noticed. Yes, it seems the user account folder has changed from when GSX had the logging option enabled, to now so, GSX had the log location setting in a folder that doesn't exist anymore, so it created in another one.

It's not even an error, it's just an indication the log has been created in another place.

It should go away by doing what I've said as first step:

- Remove the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.ini file