Author Topic: GSX-UPS Ground Handling issue at KSDF--P3DV4  (Read 9685 times)

rfelger

GSX-UPS Ground Handling issue at KSDF--P3DV4
« on: May 11, 2018, 09:03:16 pm »
Hi, i just installed KSDF into P3D-V4.  I was using the PMDG 747-400BCF & when parked at any cargo stand to include the ones on Apron 9 & Apron 11& when GSX is activated-- the frame rates drop from 30 to about 3. This only happens at this airport. I read similar issues on here but i couldn't find a solution. I tried to use a different ground crew , AAL & it still happens everywhere on the Airport. Is there a compatibility issue with the PMDG 747 at KSDF?? I have numerous other FSDreamteam airports as well as Flightbeam-- it doesn't happen at those airports. Please advise.

Thanks,

Robert Felger

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX-UPS Ground Handling issue at KSDF--P3DV4
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 01:08:00 pm »
I read similar issues on here but i couldn't find a solution.

I checked the KSDF forum area, and nobody ever reported this before. See the attached screenshots, showing the PMDG 747-400BCF parked at one of the spots on the Apron 9, before and after calling GSX. While there's surely a bit of fps impact, which is understandable, since there are several animated vehicles running at the same time, it's surely acceptable and still very usable, considering you are parked.

Were you using it at night ? If yes, it's possible your issue is the impact of dynamic lights, which are the sum of the ones that comes with the airplane and the ones from the GSX vehicles. They are optimized in a way that they'll turn their lights off when not moving and, overally, the impact of DL is also very dependent on the antialiasing setting in the sim.

But at day, I don't see any problems.

rfelger

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 07:03:15 pm »
Hello, thanks for the reply. I have not tried it at night. This happens during the day with HDR off . Again, its not usable at 3 FPS. It only happens with the PMDG 747. All other aircraft at that airport has no FPS drop using GSX. SO only the 747 has issues with GSX at KSDF. It doesn't make sense to me, the 747 works fine with GSX at all other airports except KSDF. I have reinstalled & done all live updates. Im at a loss here..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 09:58:35 pm »
Again, its not usable at 3 FPS

I agree, surely it's not. So, I guess many others would have reported it, if this was a common issue.

It only happens with the PMDG 747

That's why I tested it with exactly the same version as you reported. Yes, there's a slight fps drop, but it's surely acceptable, since you are not flying.

All other aircraft at that airport has no FPS drop using GSX.

I was sure of that. But I'm not putting any blame on the PMDG. Yes, it's a demanding airplane, but it works normally at KSDF here, and nobody reported it before.

SO only the 747 has issues with GSX at KSDF. It doesn't make sense to me, the 747 works fine with GSX at all other airports except KSDF.

It doesn't make much sense because, if the PMDG 747 doesn't work well at KSDF, but other airplanes do, doesn't fit with the fact it works well at other airports, but not at KSDF.

When you say "other airports", do you mean also other FSDT airports too ?

I have reinstalled & done all live updates

Have you done the same with the PMDG 747 ? Do you have the most current version ?

rfelger

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 10:00:37 pm »
Yes i have newest version of everything. This isn't my first rodeo. I've been simming over 20 years. There is a definite issue with this scenery, GSX & the 747. Other posts have been done in this forum with the same issue, unlike what you said. Now there is a major FPS issue after the latest standalone manager update. Something going on with your product & P3DV4.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 10:41:47 pm »
. Now there is a major FPS issue after the latest standalone manager update. Something going on with your product & P3DV4.

Which is why I posted the screenshots showing no fps loss with the same airplane on the same airport, to show the problem doesn't normally happen because, if it did, it would happen on every system, including mine, of course.

A question: are you maybe starting the sim with the PMDG 747 as a default airplane ?

rfelger

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 10:58:13 pm »
No,  i always start the Sim with the default F-22. I can confirm that it ONLY is an issue for me at KSDF. I have re-installed that scenery as well as GSX. I've tested different aircraft, & it only happens with the 747. All my other FSDT sceneries- KMEM-KDFW-CYVR - GSX & the 747 work fine - 30 FPS.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 11:10:29 pm by rfelger »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 12:07:07 am »
I can confirm that it ONLY is an issue for me at KSDF

That's why I posted my screenshots *there*, to be sure there's nothing wrong with the scenery. Do you see any difference by turning off the configuration options for KSDF from the CTRL+F12 menu, like "Ground Traffic" and "3D Cars on Parking lots" ?

rfelger

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 12:21:45 am »
NO , That has no effect. I've tried pretty much everything. As soon as I activate GSX anywhere on that airport it happens. When I "reset position" it goes right back to 30 FPS. SO I know that GSX is the issue or its the Airport itself. Its very frustrating since the other sceneries work just fine... Is there something different @ KSDF that your other sceneries don't have? Could it have to do with the cargo train system there? When I activate the scenery all the doors open on all the UPS cargo areas.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 12:51:02 am »
As soon as I activate GSX anywhere on that airport it happens.

Please clarify what do you mean with activate. Any service ? Do you see any difference depending on the service ? Also, do you see any difference if call GSX outside a parking, for example on the runway, and call the Follow me ?

Do you have low fps if you only use GSX with the "Warp me there" function and no ground services ?

rfelger

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 01:14:01 am »
Yes any service . As soon as I land & call for follow-me- GSX activates then the FPS drop happens immediately. Same with warp. Doesn't matter the location on the airport or the service, it happens as soon as GSX is activated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 02:00:27 pm »
Yes any service . As soon as I land & call for follow-me- GSX activates then the FPS drop happens immediately. Same with warp.

Fact that it also happens with only Warp, it's really puzzling, because in that case, GSX won't even create its own vehicles at the gate, it will just move the airplane there, and that's it.

Does the fps goes down as soon as you open the GSX menu, even if you don't select any choice, for example pressing CTRL+Shift+F12 twice ?

rfelger

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 08:07:57 pm »
It doesn't drop with the menu open. After i open the menu & activate ground services, the FPS drop happens. I tested again this weekend. If i warp there is no FPS drop after I'm at the gate. Again, as soon as i activate any services, the FPS drop happens.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2018, 11:38:42 am »
After i open the menu & activate ground services, the FPS drop happens.

Ok, this is now starting to make sense, that's why I asked "Do you have low fps if you only use GSX with the "Warp me there" function and no ground services ?"

We updated a could of vehicles to have better textures but, last update was just the catering vehicle, we had another update at the end of 2017, with the cargo loader having better looking textures and LESS polygons so, I don't think just these changes could possibly have any impact on fps, and surely NOT in P3D4.

And of course, if they did, they would happen to everybody so, it's clearly something in your system or settings, since nobody has reported it. Other posts are reporting fps loss everywhere with any airplane, you said it's only the PMDG 747  and only at KSDF so, it's seems to be a different thing.

Try recreate the sim shaders, by removing this folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\shaders

rfelger

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 06:55:19 pm »
I see, well , again, it only happens at KSDF. I've cleared out my shaders as i do every time i install new scenery or video drivers. No help. I may try rolling back to a previous nvidia driver.