Author Topic: P3D V4: terrible stuttering/long pause issue  (Read 5966 times)

airbadger

P3D V4: terrible stuttering/long pause issue
« on: May 11, 2018, 12:57:34 pm »
Hi,

I'm getting long pauses whenever I'm on take off or approach at CLT. It's worse on approach, so much so that it makes the aircraft I'm using un-flyable. I'm using these add-ons in addition to CLT: GSX, Ultimate Traffic Live, Orbx Vector and OpenLC, AS4... probably some other stuff. This is the only FSDT airport that I have this issue at. And I'm on P3D V4, so the other posts I see about this issue back in 2017 don't seem relevant because they're talking about 32-bit platforms. I seriously doubt it's actually FSDT's CLT causing the issue, but what steps can I take to figure out what the culprit is?

Specs
I7-8700k
16gb RAM
1080 GTX 8GB
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 01:11:45 pm by airbadger »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D V4: terrible stuttering/long pause issue
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 02:13:49 pm »
I seriously doubt it's actually FSDT's CLT causing the issue

It surely isn't. See this video I made a while ago, which shows how KCLT normally performs:

And, it was taken with a lesser system than yours: i7-6700 with a GTX 980

but what steps can I take to figure out what the culprit is?

Disable all those addons (Disable, not uninstall), and see if the pauses goes away. If they do, reenable them, one by one, until you find the culprit. I'd start with UTL and AS4, since they are surely the ones putting more strain on the system.

Also, try the "Cap Simconnect updates" option in the Addon Manager, with or without it, and see if you have any improvements. Note that, in order for this to work, be sure you have installed the current FSDT Live Update.

Also, if you used any kind of Affinity Mask tweak, try to remove it and leave it at default.

rsmith6621a

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 03:48:18 pm »
I seriously doubt it's actually FSDT's CLT causing the issue

It surely isn't. See this video I made a while ago, which shows how KCLT normally performs:

And, it was taken with a lesser system than yours: i7-6700 with a GTX 980

but what steps can I take to figure out what the culprit is?

Disable all those addons (Disable, not uninstall), and see if the pauses goes away. If they do, reenable them, one by one, until you find the culprit. I'd start with UTL and AS4, since they are surely the ones putting more strain on the system.

Also, try the "Cap Simconnect updates" option in the Addon Manager, with or without it, and see if you have any improvements. Note that, in order for this to work, be sure you have installed the current FSDT Live Update.

Also, if you used any kind of Affinity Mask tweak, try to remove it and leave it at default.

Umberto

Try this with the PMDG 747-8, QW 787 or FSLabs 320. Default aircraft will almost always pass the test.

Randy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 04:20:20 pm »
Try this with the PMDG 747-8, QW 787 or FSLabs 320. Default aircraft will almost always pass the test.

And what this has anything to do with the scenery ? If your CPU/GPU power is already taken by other addons, do you expect the scenery to fix that ?

The whole point of using a fast fighter, was to show the scenery doesn't have any performance problems that is adding by *itself* to the sim, and there's no better stress test than that.

DispatchRandy

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 06:43:23 pm »

And what this has anything to do with the scenery ? If your CPU/GPU power is already taken by other addons, do you expect the scenery to fix that ?

The whole point of using a fast fighter, was to show the scenery doesn't have any performance problems that is adding by *itself* to the sim, and there's no better stress test than that.

When I can land at IS WSSS or FB's KPDX or KIAD with my sim fully loaded with all addons running and not get a stutter something tells me it is a particular scenery I am flying into. As I think I have said I get this same issue with most of your scenery's.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 06:46:04 pm by DispatchRandy »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 06:58:02 pm »
When I can land at IS WSSS or FB's KPDX or KIAD with my sim fully loaded with all addons running and not get a stutter something tells me it is a particular scenery I am flying into. As I think I have said I get this same issue with most of your scenery's.

I already posted a video proving the scenery doesn't stutter, not even with the PMDG 747-8, here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20874.msg142441.html#msg142441

Also explaining why our sceneries are made this way, which has saved many users from crashes and OOM especially in FSX, and for us, stability against crashes comes *before* anything else, even at a price of loading pauses, which under P3D4 happens only once.

As I've said in the other thread, our future sceneries will be made for P3D4 only, so we won't have to deal with memory saving features anymore, just to keep FSX users safe.