Author Topic: NO PAPI lights on 24L/R or 6 L/R  (Read 4559 times)

aniiran

NO PAPI lights on 24L/R or 6 L/R
« on: April 27, 2018, 07:27:18 am »
I saw another thread about PAPI lights missing on the the 24s at KLAX. The thread ended with someone saying it was fixed but they did not provide the solution to the problem. I only have PAPIs on the 7L/R. I tried restarting Couatl and all that did was make all my buildings disappear. I found this issue because I have a similar issue at Las Vegas, where I can see the PAPIs at ground level but as soon as I gain any altitude they disappear. It seems to be some issue with transparencies. Right now I have no PAPIs visible on approach at Las Vegas and I have no PAPIs on 24 L/R at Los Angeles.  Is it possible the problems are related?  My FS is FSX SP2.  I checked my other FSDT sceneries LSGG/LSZH/Hawaii Vol 1/2 PHNL and all of those have VASI/PAPIs.  I do not have ORBX FTX Southern California or Global or Vector. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 07:49:35 am by aniiran »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: NO PAPI lights on 24L/R or 6 L/R
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 09:47:36 am »
As you can see from the attached screenshots, PAPIs for both 24 runways at KLAX works just fine, in FSX.

KLAS and KLAX don't have anything in common in relationship with PAPIs, since at KLAX they are entirely custom-made, while in KLAS are plain standard AFCAD.

And yes, I see the issue in KLAS, which happens only with FSX, it works fine in P3D so, we might have possibly created an issue to FSX with a recent update to improve compatibility with P3D. We'll look into it.

So yes, there's a problem in KLAS, but KLAX works just fine. What other sceneries you have installed that might affect the KLAX area ?

aniiran

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 01:55:18 am »
I have UTX and LatinVFR John Wayne. Would changing the AFCAD parking spots make a difference? I have PAPIs on 7L and 7R but no others.

aniiran

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 10:07:15 pm »
I figured it out.  I reinstalled LAX.  The lights were all as I would expect them.  I changed the afcad and the lights disappeared.  I tried this twice and it was repeatable.  

So I either get horribly wrong parking positions or I get no VASI lights.  It would be nice if they could both work or if you guys could update the AFCAD to 2018 standards and then test to see if the VASIs are functional and then put it into a new installer.

I am using AFX to edit my afcads. This is for FSX SP2

It would be nice if they could both work or if you guys could update the AFCAD to 2018 standards and then test to see if the VASIs are functional.

https://www.flylax.com/en/lax-terminal-maps

Term 3 is now Delta and Term 6 is now Alaska and there are a few other minor changes as you can see.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:08:54 pm by aniiran »