Author Topic: Large tanker for ConcordeX (FSX)?  (Read 1181 times)

crauds

Large tanker for ConcordeX (FSX)?
« on: April 26, 2018, 12:52:00 am »
I understand that fueling for the Concorde will remain an unresolved issue until such time as FSL reveals their internal fuel quantity variables to FSDT, but is there any way to get GSX to send the large tanker instead of the small truck?  I can find no setting in airplane file that can allow that selection.  My work-around has been to manually calculate the number of trucks needed to accommodate the required fuel fill and then "restart" GSX when I determine the fill should have been completed.  But it takes over 3 times the number of small trucks and they do not park in the correct position I have set up for the Concorde.  Occasionally I do get a large tanker truck as the first one and it correctly positions itself, but then all subsequent trucks are small and position themselves right of the right wing tip.  I keep up with the latest relevant updates, have Windows 10, and use FSX SP2.  In short, is their any way to configure ConcordeX to only use large tanker trucks for refueling?

Thanks,

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Large tanker for ConcordeX (FSX)?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 09:34:13 am »
The large fuel tanker has two conditions:

- the airplane refueling point must be higher than 3.40 meters from ground

AND

- the total fuel capacity must be > 3500 gallons for the model (still a large one) with a shorter tanker, and > 8000 for the largest one.

If your airplane meets both conditions, one of the two versions of the fuel tanker will arrive. If the plane has a non-standard fuel system, it's *possible* it might not report the total fuel capacity correctly, maybe that's the issue, assuming the refueling point under the wing it's high enough.

The smaller truck will not use the fuel position you entered, so it will always stop at the side of the airplane, with the side used depending on the fuel position (left if negative, right if positive)