Author Topic: P3D V4.1 GSX not working after live update running  (Read 1956 times)

ANZ1

P3D V4.1 GSX not working after live update running
« on: April 25, 2018, 08:36:41 am »
So I have p3d 4.1 and I was just giving my son a refresh and updating add-ons...I ran the FSDT GSX live update and finished it.Ran p3d to do a short flight in the PMDG NGX 737-800 and I went to go shift-ctrl-F12 to bring up GSX and nothing happened...went to good up to the add-ons drop down menu and GSX wasn't there. I reinstalled gsx but of course the live updater is going to run to make it update tothe latest, so that didn't work. And going into the add-on manager after reinstalling it says in trial mode...so I got to register the serial which I have and input it in but it doesnt do anything, and it still says in trial mode and the gsx menu still doesn't show up... HELPPPP!!!!!!!!! ??? ??? ???

sticky1202

Re: P3D V4.1 GSX not working after live update running
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 01:17:48 pm »
Shouldn't you be running V4.2?

Jim

gullivermoi

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 12:10:13 am »
The same with me!!! Any Solution please I have purchased few weeks ago!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 09:39:16 am »
The current update works perfectly both in 4.1 and 4.2. It surely won't work in 4.0, because it requires the 4.1 SDK.

So, if you are sure you have P3D 4.1 installed, the only possible reasons why GSX is not working with the current version of the update, are the ones which has been discussed so many times, and are:

1) Faulty antivirus, mistakenly blocking the software because of a false positive bug. This is usually solved by excluding the whole Addon Manager folder from the antivirus scanning, and run the FSDT Live Update again

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656