Author Topic: Install issues: Add-on menu not loading with P3D v3+runtime error on uninstall  (Read 5053 times)

SF340

So, I'm having a bit of a strange issue. I've recently re-installed P3D v3 (latest version) after being away for a while, and am having some issues installing KORD v1 and the Addon Manager. Please note that I've completely uninstalled everything, including P3D and all fsdt related files (including from program data, appdata, documents, etc), and tried a complete fresh reinstall to no avail.

After installing P3D, everything works just fine. Then, running the KORD installer as an administrator, I install the airport and addon manager to the default suggested location, Program Files (x86)/Addon Manager. However, when I load up the sim, the 'Add Ons' tab does not appear in the top menu bar. However, after clicking the 'options' tab (without taking any action, just clicking it to get the dropdown menu), the 'Add Ons' tab appears as it should. From there, I can enter the addon manager and actuvate KORD. But, there are still issues: whenever I load up the sim, the 'add ons' tab doesn't appear right away, only appearing when I click 'options'. The FSDT version of KORD seems to load up just fine, but all the trees appear to flicker between summer and winter textures. The trees stop flickering and everything appears normal after: 1) Clicking 'Options'->'Addons' to bring up the native P3D addons menu (where both the addon manager show up as enabled), or 2) Clicking the 'Options' tab, then going to the FSDT Addon Manager within the newly appeared 'Add Ons' tab, then closing the addon manager without making any changes

Finally, when I attempt to uninstall the airport via the control panel, the airport uninstalls just fine but I never get prompted to uninstall the addon manager, as should happen when uninstalling products that use it. Instead, I get 'Runtime Error (at 190:842): 'A.3' is not a valid integer value'. To uninstall the addon manager, I need to run the independent Addon Manager installer independently, then uninstall it via the control panel, which I can do with no issues.

I'm absolutely baffled. Before my hiatus I'd been using FSDT/AddonManager/Couatl product for years and never ran into this issue before. I've tried making sure my P3D install was truly fresh by uninstalling any related addons and deleting all files I could think of, including the dll.xml and addon.cfg files, all to no avail. My guess is that there is something wrong in the registry from when I last had P3D installed that I neglected to clear. I'd appreciate any help and will do my best to clarify/provide additional resources and details if I can.

Note: I'm using Windows 7 and the latest versions of P3D and all aforementioned software. I've never used EMT on this system.

SF340

Ok, just a quick update. I installed FSUIPC and several other addons, and now I get the Addon Menu as soon as I start up P3D. However, at KORD I still get flashing objects until I open and close the Addon Manager. No other sceneries have a similar issue.

I appreciate any help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
However, at KORD I still get flashing objects until I open and close the Addon Manager. No other sceneries have a similar issue.

Please clarify, since nobody ever reported this before.

SF340

However, at KORD I still get flashing objects until I open and close the Addon Manager. No other sceneries have a similar issue.

Please clarify, since nobody ever reported this before.

When I first start up the sim and load up at KORD (regardless of what aircraft or time of day), it appears that the trees flicker between the summer and winter textures. It looks like both are being loaded at the same time. When I open the addon manager then close it without changing anything, the objects seem to reload and the appropriate trees load in and stay loaded without flickering. The buildings appear normal. In my OP, you'll see that this problem persists despite multiple re-installs with a fresh sim, and may be tied to the uninstall error I get.

It's a very odd problem. Thanks in advance for your help.