Author Topic: Old SFO will never go away....  (Read 2984 times)

mspencer

Old SFO will never go away....
« on: April 24, 2018, 07:32:05 am »
Please help...

You guys developed Couatl and the Addon Manager (for better or for worse...) and I love the sceneries but that's beside the point.

FlightBeam used Couatl for SFO v1 but not the new SFO. I bought the new SFO, but previously had SFO Legacy installed on this computer.

The problem is it's totally impossible to get rid of the old SFO from the addon manager. I've tried uninstalling... it's not in Programs and Features, and there's no way to remove the scenery from the addon manager.
There's also no way to edit the entries into the scenery.cfg that Addon Manager just kinda sticks in there as highest priority.

What do I do? I have SFO V2 now and I get duplicate sceneries (Causes an OOM every single time)

The only solution I've found so far is to delete the KSFO scenery directory in Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager but this causes an annoying scenery.cfg issue every time I launch the sim
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 07:36:56 am by mspencer »

rjlfry

Re: Old SFO will never go away....
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 12:44:16 pm »
Have you tried Lorby`s Addon manager it`s free and will find any duplicate scenery entries, you can move the scenery order and delete scenery entries check for errors.
Ray Fry.

mspencer

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 11:26:57 pm »
Have you tried Lorby`s Addon manager it`s free and will find any duplicate scenery entries, you can move the scenery order and delete scenery entries check for errors.
Ray Fry.
This is a Virtuali addon manager issue. The issue isn't duplicate entries, it's that there is an old scenery that installed via the Virtuali addon manager, and a new scenery via the FlightBeam manager, and the Virtuali addon manager won't let me uninstall the old one.
They're actually two different sceneries, functionally.

mspencer

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 05:23:01 am »
Ray Fry.
Actually........ never mind.

I was able to delete the Addon Manager's scenery.cfg entries and so far they haven't come back.

You are my savior, that's phenomenal!!!

rjlfry

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 11:29:05 pm »
Glad you got it sorted I run P3Dv4.1 and use lorbys addon manager, it can check for xml errors and backup your scenery files, I always run it after installing new scenery to check the install then save the scenery install.
Ray Fry.

mspencer

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 05:42:50 am »
Glad you got it sorted I run P3Dv4.1 and use lorbys addon manager, it can check for xml errors and backup your scenery files, I always run it after installing new scenery to check the install then save the scenery install.
Ray Fry.
Phenomenal tool. I had never heard of it.

It's like the only solution to any sort of addon manager issues...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 09:27:44 am »
This is a Virtuali addon manager issue. The issue isn't duplicate entries, it's that there is an old scenery that installed via the Virtuali addon manager, and a new scenery via the FlightBeam manager, and the Virtuali addon manager won't let me uninstall the old one.

The problem doesn't have anything to do with our Addon Manager, and it doesn't have anything to do with the different manager software used.

The issue is the OLD SFO was never updated to support the newer installation system outside the sim, because Flightbeam probably assumed most of its users would have updated to the much newer version anyway so, they never asked us to update the old SFO installer to the new one, the one that installs outside the sim.

However, in order to let *existing* user still using it, when we switched to the new installation system that installs outside the sim, our installer MOVED an existing SFO installation because, in order to continue working under the new folder, it had to stay together with all the other sceneries. This was the only way to let users of the old SFO to continue using it because, as I've said, there isn't a updated installer for it so, the other way (possible with all our sceneries and all the other Flightbeam sceneries), which was to uninstall, download the new installer and reinstall, wasn't possible with this one.

As explained in other threads, moving a scenery after it has been installer, results in the existing uninstaller to stop working because, Uninstallers are automatically created by their own installer, at installation time, creating a list of files that will have to be removed when uninstalling. But since we moved the scenery, this list won't work anymore. So, sceneries that were moved this way cannot be uninstalled automatically so, it must be removed manually.

If we didn't do that, and just required users to uninstall and download the new installers, this wouldn't been a problem but it would both required everybody to uninstall and redownload everything, just to move files AND it wouldn't work for those products that were never updated with the new system, like Flightbeam original SFO, and our own JFK V1.