Author Topic: Lack of gate availability  (Read 2430 times)

paulh1

Lack of gate availability
« on: April 22, 2018, 07:12:59 am »
Hi All

My software is Prepar3d V4 -  PMDG 747v3 - Ultimate traffic live - Active sky live - ProATC/X - GSX

After landing ProATC/X assigns me a gate and taxi directions. However there is no connection between ProATC/X and GSX. So the availability of this gate is just luck.

However when I go into the GSX Menu looking for a gate (heavy gates are not to common with 747) GSX give me available gate options but they are pending (waiting for aircraft to depart)

Its annoying when GSX says the gate is available, so after cycling through the pages you find they are available but not yet vacant. How are you supposed to know how long to wait  (3 hours)

I find it frustrating to land all the time and have no gate available. I think GSX could update there menu systems to let you know upfront wiether a gate is actually available or not (not pending)

If Proatc/x Assigns a gate could GSX link to that

Any suggestions on obtaining a gate more effectively

Regards  Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Lack of gate availability
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 11:34:29 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, of course.

The problem of not being able to know *when* an AI will depart, it's due to using Ultimate Traffic, which doesn't have standard traffic schedules like every other AI traffic out there, but it generates flights based on its own database, on the fly.

This means, whenever ANY addon (and not just GSX), enquires to the sim about any AI parked plane handled by UT Live for the time of departure/arrival, or any other informations about the flight, the sim will reply with NO informations, because at that time, no flight plan has been generated for that plane yet, that's how UT Live works: it will generate a flight plan only the moment the plane will depart.

Normally, AI flight plans are stored in the Traffic.BGL file, so any addon enquiring the sim on AI status, will get all the required informations, which GSX obviously use.

We contacted Flight1, suggesting a way of communication between add-ons and UT Live, which would require they would setup some sort of API that other add-ons can call, to know in *advance* about AI flightplans, which is an information that UT Live surely already have internally, but we never heard back from them.

britbeef

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 01:39:26 am »
Hello Paul

My method is to choose my desired arrival gate at the flight planning stage. I then edit the AFCAD reducing the radius of my chosen gate to a very small size making it unusable by AI. It is important to restore the AFCAD to its original state afterwards.

Bob

paulh1

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 04:46:07 pm »
Hi Bob

Thx for the reply. I have never used AFCAD, and I am unsure of how to use it in this instance.

My other thought is that ultimate traffic will come to the party and make there software more flexible for other addons. (or reduce the % of traffic in ultimate traffic to leave more slots)

Regards  Paul