Author Topic: My Afcad, visible markers, texture alpha layers  (Read 16742 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: My Afcad, visible markers, texture alpha layers
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2009, 05:51:24 pm »
Never test AI at a rate other than 1x. But anyway, you're obviously not seeing anything, so it doesn't really matter.

Are you saying that you know for *sure* the issue doesn't appear on 4x but it does on 1x, or it's just speculation ? Do you actually see, now, AI taxiing into each other, with the AFCAD I've just posted below ?

I never said such a thing, read again and please differentiate between fixing things after the release and doing a proper release in the first place.

You might want to start mentioning any software that doesn't get fixed after release...is there such a thing ? Software that doesn't get fixed after release, it's not "proper" software, it's just unsupported software...

And, with the specifics of the AFCAD, we did exactly like this for all our sceneries so far, and it has worked so far.

What I meant, was that everytime someone brings up something, sometimes a genuine problem, sometimes a side effect, you say, we have a trial. Having a trial is not a deus ex machina.

Wrong again. When someone brings up a problem, we usually fix it.

But, when the problem is not fixable BECAUSE it's part of the design choice that is to port the FSX version over FS9, and the "fix" would require redoing a significant part scenery, IN THIS CASE, the Trial is there, so FS9 users can decide if that DESIGN is of their liking or not.

You already aren't doing the FS9 version properly, as you've stated MANY TIMES, it's a direct port with no extra effort ("EXACTLY the same"). So dropping FS9 now shouldn't give you time to do two FSX sceneries instead of one, should it?

Never said this. I obviously said that it wouldn't worth the effort supporting FS9 in the way YOU would like to be supported. If THIS was the case, then yes, we might have the time to do 2 FSX sceneries instead.

Instead, we are betting on the fact that, the issue are mentioned ( assuming we'll eventually get a good AFCAD and that we *already* fixed the other issues reported ), are not such a problem for most of the FS9 users, that will probably still want a version made this way, instead of no FS9 version at all.

If you personally would prefer no FS9 version instead, then just don't buy it and, if the majority of FS9 users would do the same, it will probabably be reflected by an eventual drop of the sales, which might finally convince us to leave FS9 for good...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 05:55:01 pm by virtuali »

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 06:28:23 pm »
Hi

Now guys, better than discuss this issue is to provide the best afcad as possible to FS9´s scenery. I am improving the file almost every 10 minutes and I hope everyone is testing the file in their simulators, so that the team can have a good file for a future update. :)

harpsi

Mike...

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 06:59:34 pm »
On that note, allow me to bow out of this "discussion".

:)

Cereal Eater

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 12:09:53 am »
Wow!